The Student Room Group

I care too much what people think? - How not to care.

When I do embarrassing things like get drunk or something, I ALWAYS care what people are going to say the days after, it's as if I've stopped controlling my own life and they have taken over with their opinions.

For the first time I smoked weed yesterday and I'm worried what these girls in my group will say, I used to be really close with them but now they're more a little team and will either not care or be pretty mean about it. Although I know one of them wants to. I just don't like what people say.

Can I have some advice please, thanks!
Reply 1
Honestly, just time. I used to care a lot, especially about politics and whatever because people love to get personal.
I can't say exactly but I now have a super thick skin, yes it's kinda good to keep you grounded as above but largely useless. Just grinning and bearing it and remembering why you think what you think or do what you do.
It doesn't matter what people think of you; what are they going to do? If you've done something silly when you're drunk, your friends won't care. If you walk down the street looking crap, anyone who cares about you won't care. If you do something you're ashamed of, caring what other people think isn't going to change the outcome. Other people's opinions do nothing except give you something to worry about you don't need.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending