Turn on thread page Beta

Pepper your angus ISIS, we're coming to get you watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...hunter-4097083

SAS and US Navy SEAL/Delta Force forming a special "hunter killer unit" to go deliver some express freedom to ISIS leaders

May their 72 virgins await them
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    'Undercover'? Pretty certain a hundred or so white and black guys, tooled up to the hilt won't be too undercover, but they'll be ****ing effective.

ReputationRep:
    I don't support ISIS or anything but it is likely that the US and UK will claim victory after a few weeks when really they haven't done much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be part of that force. But I'm neither 18 yet, American nor male.

ReputationRep:
    Lol they cant even kill all the leaders in countries they had unlimited ground support like iraq 03 and Afghanistan

The entire ISIS threat is being over blown, we already have laws in place to deal with terrorism and a british person killing a american in a Foriegn country doesnt change that. Just shows how obsessed the media and political class are with war and america.

Reading the media you would think ISIS have sunk a british navy ship

ReputationRep:
    good night sweet isis, freedom incoming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)

SAS and US Navy SEAL/Delta Force forming a special "hunter killer unit" to go deliver some express freedom to ISIS leaders

Well seeing as it was the black ops which originally created isis and even john mccain met them not really delivering freedom is it more defending BP and exxon oil fields in kurdistan.

I dont remember seals in sri lanka or darfur scenes of huge blood shed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iggy Azalea)
    I wish I could be part of that force. But I'm neither 18 yet, American nor male.
    You could join the SAS if you're British.

ReputationRep:
    SAS are British. Good luck joining any SF unit though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I was considering doing that, but they don't allow women. Shame since I think women would be much better at fighting terrorists than men.

ReputationRep:
    I was considering doing that, but they don't allow women. Shame since I think women would be much better at fighting terrorists than men.
    Please explain this logic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

#rekt

ReputationRep:
    Obama has Cameron by the scruff of the neck, throwing him around like a rag doll. It was only a matter of time before the UK got involved. For the Islamic state fighters, it will be victory or martyrdom.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly I do agree with the idea that men tend to do better in collective fighting than women, like World Wars. Men have more strength potential and have faster reactions. But terrorists play a different game that requires a different fighting tactic.

First of all there is the element of surprise. Not many people would expect a woman to be fighting them. The confusion of this might suddenly slow their reactions, or tug at their morals (if they have any). So I would immediately have the edge over my enemy in the short term.

A lot of conflict with terrorists takes place in built-up areas, women tend to perform better than men at situational thinking. Our size also helps us move around faster and helps to hide.

Women also have better communication skills and do not tend to have risk-taking behaviour like men do. While taking risks is important in life, in a scenario where your life is endangered, it isn't always appropriate.

Nowadays, women are more educated than most men. More of us go to university giving us decision-making skills and co-operative social skills. Also, training in a male-led environment would encourage us to think outside of the box. We have been trained to fight men, but our opponents haven't been trained to fight women.

Admittedly it's just an opinion, but I think women could do a lot to fight terrorism, especially since a lot of them are willing to do what it takes.
    I haven't spent a lot of time on this response but here.

First the way spec ops are dressed they may not even know you were a woman, maybe just a small man, and then there is the fact that really in a battlefield nobody thinks about this, be serious, if somebody was shooting at me I don't care if it was a kid, I'd shoot back. (in a

Women are not faster than men, most men are physically stronger and faster and more agile. I don't think there had ever been one woman to run a sub 10 second 100m whereas there have been multiple men and the U17 male champion can also do it (I think)

Talking risks in the battlefield is important in some cases but do not generalise men like this, spec ops soldiers are elite warriors they think tactically and do what needs to be done, they aren't the average man.

Doesn't matter if you've been trained to fight a man or not, in hand to hand, most likely you would lose, not sure about ranged combat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    One of my best mate's dads is ex-SAS and was in the Task Force Black units in Iraq. He is totally and utterly ****ed by the whole thing. He came out, tried to get on training programmes, got nowhere, started a fight with the security guards in the job centre out of frustration and now works for Blackwater (or Academi as they insist on being referred to now).

(Original post by الدولة الإسلامية)
    Obama has Cameron by the scruff of the neck, throwing him around like a rag doll. It was only a matter of time before the UK got involved. For the Islamic state fighters, it will be victory or martyrdom.
    In the individual firefights it will be martyrdom, for much the same reasons as it would be A&E if I were to get in a fight with Jon Jones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heimdall)
    I haven't spent a lot of time on this response but here.

First the way spec ops are dressed they may not even know you were a woman, maybe just a small man, and then there is the fact that really in a battlefield nobody thinks about this, be serious, if somebody was shooting at me I don't care if it was a kid, I'd shoot back. (in a
    I'm not sure that would be the case necessarily. The uniform wouldn't completely seal away my gender. And as rumour travels around between forces that they were fighting women, it could affect the individual.

Women are not faster than men, most men are physically stronger and faster and more agile.
    Women are equally as agile men, while are reaction times tend to be slower, they are more flexible, women are also more likely to have better manual dexterity which would be especially useful when handling weaponry. So it cancels a lot of the general weaknesses out.

I don't think there had ever been one woman to run a sub 10 second 100m whereas there have been multiple men and the U17 male champion can also do it (I think)
    Another thing is that barely any men have been able to run that distance in that time either, including men that are in the military. Plus it's important to remember being a champion sprinter is a lot different to fighting in combat. You're not just running around a track.

Talking risks in the battlefield is important in some cases but do not generalise men like this, spec ops soldiers are elite warriors they think tactically and do what needs to be done, they aren't the average man.
    I'm not generalising men. Or at least I didn't intend to. But men are more likely than women to try be heroic and do something risky, when it often leads to a strategy failing and other members of the team being killed/taken hostage.

Doesn't matter if you've been trained to fight a man or not, in hand to hand, most likely you would lose, not sure about ranged combat.
    It actually does matter whether you've been to trained to fight men. It's very similar to the left-handed vs right-handed boxers, southpaws do better due to the opponent having a completely different opponent.

In general, there is very little difference once a woman has been trained, martial arts in particular uses a opponent's strength and weight against them. Ranged combat is actually one area where women are better than men as they better shooters. Apparently they also make better fighter pilots too.

I would rather like to keep this as a non-debate discussion, since I'm not really in the mood to argue, and most of these conversations end up in a male chauvinist vs extreme Nazi-feminist battle. I get completely where you're coming from, and in a normal conflict I'd agree with you. But I do believe women would be well suited to fighting terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly I do agree with the idea that men tend to do better in collective fighting than women, like World Wars. Men have more strength potential and have faster reactions. But terrorists play a different game that requires a different fighting tactic.

First of all there is the element of surprise. Not many people would expect a woman to be fighting them. The confusion of this might suddenly slow their reactions, or tug at their morals (if they have any). So I would immediately have the edge over my enemy in the short term.

A lot of conflict with terrorists takes place in built-up areas, women tend to perform better than men at situational thinking. Our size also helps us move around faster and helps to hide.

Women also have better communication skills and do not tend to have risk-taking behaviour like men do. While taking risks is important in life, in a scenario where your life is endangered, it isn't always appropriate.

Nowadays, women are more educated than most men. More of us go to university giving us decision-making skills and co-operative social skills. Also, training in a male-led environment would encourage us to think outside of the box. We have been trained to fight men, but our opponents haven't been trained to fight women.

Admittedly it's just an opinion, but I think women could do a lot to fight terrorism, especially since a lot of them are willing to do what it takes.
    Or you could show them your tits, bed them, then kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    good night sweet isis, freedom incoming
    You mean the same freedom that was given in the Iraq war?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    You could join ISIS too.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.