The Student Room Group

stood up!

i'm currently outraged at all men at the moment.heres why, see what u guys think.....

i'd met this guy who seemed really nice (and he knows one of my mates who claimed he was a 'decent' bloke). however i'd only really seen him out in clubs, and he said he'd wanted to take me out for a drink. after a few weeks i gave in. i was goin into town anyway last night so said i'd meet him at 9, he seemed excited as i'd been putting it off for some time.

i arrived a little early with my best mate and her boyfriend who were gonna leave me when he got there. we had some drinks then i noticed it was 9.15. i was a bit annoyed as it was pushing it and no longer 'fashionably late'. so at about 25past i text him cos he'd made no contact, askin where he was, he text back sayin: 'sorry i went for a jogg and then fell asleep'!!! charming, fell asleep??!!!! i was pissed off but he said he'd be there soon. he turned up at 10.05! what is that all about?! :mad:

so to the guys, why would u make a real effort to meet a girl and seem interested and then turn up an hour and 5 minutes late?! its not on. then when he sat down he made no effort to talk to me, i asked all the questions and he acted like he didnt wnat to be there. and had the cheek to rub my leg and with a wink and say..'sorry for being late i'll make it u up to u'........i think not sonny.

i soon left and just said i dont want to ever meet up again, im totally unimpressed!

thought i'd share my experience. also for all he knew i was on my own waiting, but if had i been i wouldnt have waited that long. luckily i was with my mate and we were happy to stay and drink! but what kind of a guy doesnt even let a girl know if he's gonna be that late?! i'll tel you.....a shit one. so now am totally anti-men. and filled with so much hate! can anyone help and offer advice? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's true..a lot of men are absolute pricks...i apologise on the behalf of mankind and hope you can forgive us.

The problem is....a lot of the blokes who are idiots are the ones that yo tend to meet in clubs...(sorry if it sounds stereotypical....but it's true....)....the blokes who aren't complete tossers tend not to go out on the pull....so there are good men out there...you just gotta keep looking.

:smile:

G
Reply 2
Carefull, I go clubbing a lot and I am not a complete tosser. I also don't go to clubbing to 'pull' alot of us actually go for the music.
Reply 3
unistudnet
Carefull, I go clubbing a lot and I am not a complete tosser. I also don't go to clubbing to 'pull' alot of us actually go for the music.

That's why i said a lot of the blokes...not all....i realise there are some guys out there who buck the trend. Sorry if i offended you..and anyone else...

G
Reply 4
yes its true there are quite a few wankers out there. my mates theory is that i've got to go through all the bad ones before i meet a good one?! but to me its a never ending ride of bad ones!! so where are the good ones?
Reply 5
bean4ian
yes its true there are quite a few wankers out there. my mates theory is that i've got to go through all the bad ones before i meet a good one?! but to me its a never ending ride of bad ones!! so where are the good ones?

I have no idea cos i'm not a girl...possibly at uni?? I don't think you've got to go through the bad ones first..its just 'luck' really. Someone i know was a girl's first bf....and they've been together for well over a year....so it's a bit of a lottery i'm afraid....don't worry...it'll happen...

Me being a closet hopeless romantic(don't tell my friends :tongue:) as well as a great optimist means i think like that all the time...lol :biggrin:

G
Reply 6
gzftan
I have no idea cos i'm not a girl...possibly at uni?? I don't think you've got to go through the bad ones first..its just 'luck' really. Someone i know was a girl's first bf....and they've been together for well over a year....so it's a bit of a lottery i'm afraid....don't worry...it'll happen...

Me being a closet hopeless romantic(don't tell my friends :tongue:) as well as a great optimist means i think like that all the time...lol :biggrin:

G

i didnt know guys had an romance in them!? i suppose if u go through all the bad ones first u can appreciate the good one (when and if u bloody find them!)
Reply 7
You gotta kiss a lot of frogs before one turns into a prince :smile:
Reply 8
So let me get this straight

1) You meet this guy
2) He asks you out
3) You continually refuse and leave him dangling
4) You 'give in' (obviously you wanted to)
5) He lost track of time
6) You didnt like his personality (not talkative / too forward)

....seems you both did something wrong.
Reply 9
you've summed it up, exactly what do nice guys do? evidently they dont hang around where i do. maybe i should take an art class or something?! i dont know its tough. to be honest im never happy, if im with someone i want to be single, if im single i want to be with someone.

i agree with u would be nice to have someone to be with but not all the time! its not that im searching for the perfect partner either, im not really searching at all. but it was such a bummer to feel so rejected! well im feelin a bit better now, if hes gonna do that, then he really isnt worth it!
Reply 10
viviki
Meet guys that either expect sex on the first date or if they dont expect sex on the first date they are really pushy about it within a week or so which really pisses me off, and puts me off because someone who is only bothered about his own pleasure is very rarely going to be good or considerate in bed.

Thats not necessarily the reason guys push you to do it, i mean, on one of the first dates with my other half he tried it on, and i told him to back off, but he got all embaressed and said that seeing as we'd been making out he didn't want me to think he was a "wuss" and not go further.

Is this true of other guys?

But yeah, if the guy persists for a week than he's got a problem lol.
Reply 11
corey
So let me get this straight

1) You meet this guy
2) He asks you out
3) You continually refuse and leave him dangling
4) You 'give in' (obviously you wanted to)
5) He lost track of time
6) You didnt like his personality (not talkative / too forward)

....seems you both did something wrong.

no. not quite
1) ok, met a guy

2) yeh he kinda asked me out but i wasnt sure if it was a good idea at first.

3) i dont 'continually refuse' i simply say i would like to but dont commit. he seemed to like the challenge anyway i cant just agree at first i need to see if he persists and would be worth it.

4) i did want to, half of it was literally cos i had no free time or money, i had nothiong to lose so yeh i 'gave in'

5) no no no......u dont lose track of time if ure interested in a girl and if u do, u let her know as soon as possible i had to contact him. it was over an hour late for gods sake!

6) and lastly i did like his personality previously or i wouldnt have accepted. but that night showed his true colours. he was out of order from the start.

i did nothing wrong and will firmly stick to that. he's proved to be a complete dick. there is no vaild excuse in my books for what he did. there were opportunities to redeem himself but he didnt take them, just made it worse.
Reply 12
bean4ian
i'm currently outraged at all men at the moment.heres why, see what u guys think.....

i'd met this guy who seemed really nice (and he knows one of my mates who claimed he was a 'decent' bloke). however i'd only really seen him out in clubs, and he said he'd wanted to take me out for a drink. after a few weeks i gave in. i was goin into town anyway last night so said i'd meet him at 9, he seemed excited as i'd been putting it off for some time.

i arrived a little early with my best mate and her boyfriend who were gonna leave me when he got there. we had some drinks then i noticed it was 9.15. i was a bit annoyed as it was pushing it and no longer 'fashionably late'. so at about 25past i text him cos he'd made no contact, askin where he was, he text back sayin: 'sorry i went for a jogg and then fell asleep'!!! charming, fell asleep??!!!! i was pissed off but he said he'd be there soon. he turned up at 10.05! what is that all about?! :mad:

so to the guys, why would u make a real effort to meet a girl and seem interested and then turn up an hour and 5 minutes late?! its not on. then when he sat down he made no effort to talk to me, i asked all the questions and he acted like he didnt wnat to be there. and had the cheek to rub my leg and with a wink and say..'sorry for being late i'll make it u up to u'........i think not sonny.

i soon left and just said i dont want to ever meet up again, im totally unimpressed!

thought i'd share my experience. also for all he knew i was on my own waiting, but if had i been i wouldnt have waited that long. luckily i was with my mate and we were happy to stay and drink! but what kind of a guy doesnt even let a girl know if he's gonna be that late?! i'll tel you.....a shit one. so now am totally anti-men. and filled with so much hate! can anyone help and offer advice? :confused:

wot i think happened is he regretted falling asleep, risked being late by getting all dressed up to try and impress u.
he prolly feels really bad!
Reply 13
bean4ian
no. not quite
5) no no no......u dont lose track of time if ure interested in a girl and if u do, u let her know as soon as possible i had to contact him.

He was asleep tho, maybe your phone call woke him up :smile:
Reply 14
bean4ian
you've summed it up, exactly what do nice guys do? evidently they dont hang around where i do. maybe i should take an art class or something?! i dont know its tough. to be honest im never happy, if im with someone i want to be single, if im single i want to be with someone.

They are at Medical school. And they all have girlfriends. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Helenia

riiiiiiiiiiiight, well, thats no good to us, they have girlfriends, its not fair people keep taking the good ones soon there'll be none left!
Reply 16
Baron
He was asleep tho, maybe your phone call woke him up :smile:

potentially, but im still pissed off. it doesnt reflect well on me does it!
Reply 17
Helenia

yep they definately all have gfs, or they're gay.

most guys you meet out (the ones out just to pull) do tend to mess you around(well they always have to me), all the nice guys are hiding in the corners, you just have to look hard enough!

lou xxx
Reply 18
......... arent girls such be-aches? they're all only after one thing, and the nice ones are always french.
Reply 19
'
{ingnik']......... arent girls such be-aches? they're all only after one thing, and the nice ones are always french.

:biggrin: yup your right, girls can be just as bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending