Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    3) i dont 'continually refuse' i simply say i would like to but dont commit. he seemed to like the challenge anyway i cant just agree at first i need to see if he persists and would be worth it.
    I see...us 'nice guys' tend to refuse stuck-up egotisical little children like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    riiiiiiiiiiiight, well, thats no good to us, they have girlfriends, its not fair people keep taking the good ones soon there'll be none left!
    Tell me about it :rolleyes:

I guess I must be one of the nasty ones then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    ......... arent girls such be-aches? they're all only after one thing, and the nice ones are always french.
    why French?

ReputationRep:
    last time i got stood up i wasm oaning to one of my friends (a guy) and he said
    for every rejection you get your one step closer to your sole mate
    i found that really sweet

ReputationRep:
    Well, perhaps he actually fell asleep by mistake. DOn't judge the guy too harshly - hastily made arrangements don't usually stick in people's minds as important.

I agree it was a bit inappropriate that he rubbed your leg and said what he did. At least you know you don't like him after one meeting - you should commend him for being who he is! Imagine if he strung you along for several months.

There are nice guys out there - you just have to use your discernment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I see...us 'nice guys' tend to refuse stuck-up egotisical little children like yourself.

blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    yup your right, girls can be just as bad.
    this is probably true. and i know there are some really great guys out there, but today im in the mood to moan and ***** so thought i'd do it here, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    why French?
    various legitimate reasons, the main one being i cant speak french

ReputationRep:
    LOLOL. I can oh la la!

ReputationRep:
    Oui Oui.

ReputationRep:
    this is probably true. and i know there are some really great guys out there, but today im in the mood to moan and ***** so thought i'd do it here, sorry.
    Don't moan ... here ... nice flowers
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Don't moan ... here ... nice flowers
    ahhh, thank you!!! i feel better now. will try and refrian from moaning!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if this is the case, and all nice girls are French (which I take great offence to! not being French myself) then you'd better hurry up and take lessons to overcome the language barrier, like Colin Firth (drool!) does in "Love Actually"....*dorky grin*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Well, if this is the case, and all nice girls are French (which I take great offence to! not being French myself) then you'd better hurry up and take lessons to overcome the language barrier, like Colin Firth (drool!) does in "Love Actually"....*dorky grin*
    i find the language of lurve to be far more expressive when overcoming any language barrier. ok ill stop now.

ReputationRep:
    i'm currently outraged at all men at the moment.heres why, see what u guys think.....

i'd met this guy who seemed really nice (and he knows one of my mates who claimed he was a 'decent' bloke). however i'd only really seen him out in clubs, and he said he'd wanted to take me out for a drink. after a few weeks i gave in. i was goin into town anyway last night so said i'd meet him at 9, he seemed excited as i'd been putting it off for some time.

i arrived a little early with my best mate and her boyfriend who were gonna leave me when he got there. we had some drinks then i noticed it was 9.15. i was a bit annoyed as it was pushing it and no longer 'fashionably late'. so at about 25past i text him cos he'd made no contact, askin where he was, he text back sayin: 'sorry i went for a jogg and then fell asleep'!!! charming, fell asleep??!!!! i was pissed off but he said he'd be there soon. he turned up at 10.05! what is that all about?! :mad:

so to the guys, why would u make a real effort to meet a girl and seem interested and then turn up an hour and 5 minutes late?! its not on. then when he sat down he made no effort to talk to me, i asked all the questions and he acted like he didnt wnat to be there. and had the cheek to rub my leg and with a wink and say..'sorry for being late i'll make it u up to u'........i think not sonny.

i soon left and just said i dont want to ever meet up again, im totally unimpressed!

thought i'd share my experience. also for all he knew i was on my own waiting, but if had i been i wouldnt have waited that long. luckily i was with my mate and we were happy to stay and drink! but what kind of a guy doesnt even let a girl know if he's gonna be that late?! i'll tel you.....a **** one. so now am totally anti-men. and filled with so much hate! can anyone help and offer advice? :confused:
    At least you have your wits together, and recognized right off that this guy is a complete looser. Just keep in mind that not all guys are such pricks, most are, but not all.
    And just in case the guy has the nerve to call and want to meet up again, go ahead and set a time and place, and don't show up.

ReputationRep:
    i find the language of lurve to be far more expressive when overcoming any language barrier. ok ill stop now.
    lol...then where's the problem? Move to France mon amie

ReputationRep:
    hey hey hey...... everyone deserves a 2nd chance and it was a mistake I mean come-on he could be like the nicest guy in the world and he was prolly shy thats why he didn't talk much, I'm like that until I feel comfortable around someone. ok and not all nice guys are in med school, well yet anyways I'm on my way lol. I try to be the best b/f I can with my g/f but I stll make some mistakes... "like buy her things" and they aren't all french I found mine in the U.S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman663j7)
    hey hey hey...... everyone deserves a 2nd chance and it was a mistake I mean come-on he could be like the nicest guy in the world and he was prolly shy thats why he didn't talk much, I'm like that until I feel comfortable around someone. ok and not all nice guys are in med school, well yet anyways I'm on my way lol. I try to be the best b/f I can with my g/f but I stll make some mistakes... "like buy her things" and they aren't all french I found mine in the U.S.
    well i had spoken to him on the phone and he did seem nice but i think it may have been a front, he wasnt shy just a ****! but a couple of days later and i feel good again, dont hate all men now. just had a tempoary complete loss of faith, but its back! .........will take one persons advice though, if he rings i'll make arrangements for him to redeem himself and meet me and i'll just not turn up!

anyone else bad stores of being stood up or dumped in a bad way?

ReputationRep:
    dont do that its just mean. Girls really are 100 times as bad, guys take being messed around as a given. Good looking girls seem to have a god given right to mess around as many guys as they can, as soon as a guy shows anything apart from complete devotion to a girl (who might have finally "given in" and agreed to a drink) he is labelled a *******.

Oh and arriving an hour late for an late evening informal evening drink is still within the confines of fashionably late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    dont do that its just mean. Girls really are 100 times as bad, guys take being messed around as a given. Good looking girls seem to have a god given right to mess around as many guys as they can, as soon as a guy shows anything apart from complete devotion to a girl (who might have finally "given in" and agreed to a drink) he is labelled a *******.

Oh and arriving an hour late for an late evening informal evening drink is still within the confines of fashionably late

i think not. well the kind of guy i'd be looking for wont be someone that thinks its cool to be fashionably late when arriving over an hour after the arranged time! its just bad manners and not what a true gentleman would do.

i think we're all taking the fact that i 'gave in' a little too seriously.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.