This discussion is closed.
mangafreak
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have the UKCAT on Wednesday! :eek: How has everybody found it so far?

Just wondering if anyone knows the grade boundaries for each band on the SJT? I know unis don't really look at it, but I'd be interested to know how many points you need for Band 1, Band 2 etc.

Thanks, and good luck to future test-takers!
ooxbridge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have mine on Wednesday too D: I feel so under-prepared, how much have you done?

According to the Kaplan book, for band 1 you need to get 54-71 questions right & band 2: 36-53
WishIHadRevised
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LOL mine's on Wednesday too and I've done about 2 weeks revision. Feeling rather screwed for it but yolo.

What even is SJT? Is there any revision material? I did the practice one on the website but it seemed like a load of BS like there are so many different opinions and answers you could place on each question!
#aspiringdoctor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys i did extremely bad in the ukcat avg score of 577....studied like mad but only managed a band 4 for SJT. I do have a very good predicted score tho...do i ahve any chance for uk unis or shud i just forget UK cuz i heard unis dont accept SJT bandwidth of 4....I really wanna study in uk tho...any suggestion if there???
redhelen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No matter what you need to stick to certain key things.If something is unethical you answer no even if the scenario is granny being held at gunpoint! When my daughter did hers last year (and got band1)She said she felt like she was pressing the same answer repeatedly! So keep your head and you will be fine. Forget the stuff around the question get to the main point and answer based on the ethics you've learned for that. Good luck!
redhelen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by #aspiringdoctor)
Guys i did extremely bad in the ukcat avg score of 577....studied like mad but only managed a band 4 for SJT. I do have a very good predicted score tho...do i ahve any chance for uk unis or shud i just forget UK cuz i heard unis dont accept SJT bandwidth of 4....I really wanna study in uk tho...any suggestion if there???
If youre gcses are strong then yes you do.Worse case scenario ace those A levels and ring round on results day and you may get somewhere. If not gap year and most people say UKCAT is easier second time round! Best adviceis to think of applying for medicine as a 2 year process as even those with higher scores than you may not get in!
BSuvarna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ooxbridge)
I have mine on Wednesday too D: I feel so under-prepared, how much have you done?

According to the Kaplan book, for band 1 you need to get 54-71 questions right & band 2: 36-53
SO 75% score is Band 1 ?
Hoiiz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done on finishing the UKCAT I know it can be quite a stressful exam! It's a good idea to look at specific university entry requirements pages so you can apply to your strengths. there are schools out there that don't even consider the SJ part of the exam!

I am a first-year graduate medical student at KCL. I have a youtube channel where I discuss university and medical school related topics. My next video is on how I scored in the 99th percentile in the UKCAT. Feel free to take a look and ask more questions in the comments there

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeo...8JiQ9DTuhOVz5g
Luc2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hoiiz)
Well done on finishing the UKCAT I know it can be quite a stressful exam! It's a good idea to look at specific university entry requirements pages so you can apply to your strengths. there are schools out there that don't even consider the SJ part of the exam!

I am a first-year graduate medical student at KCL. I have a youtube channel where I discuss university and medical school related topics. My next video is on how I scored in the 99th percentile in the UKCAT. Feel free to take a look and ask more questions in the comments there

I watched your videos and they are great with very helpful tips! It is the best channel related to medicine I've found so far!
babrak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same happened to me this year.I had read two books and did onlion practice,but only managed to get average score of 530 and band 3 in SJ.Any suggestions where I can apply?🙁
redhelen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try unis wanting the BMAT?
medical_student
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can take a gap year and restudy the ukcat then apply with a better score
maryamsahak01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hoiiz)

thank you for the set of notes you put on ur channel!! they are really helpful and ur vids are amazing!! hope u become an amazing doctor!!
casualcoffee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely consider doing the BMAT. If you can do well in that, the low score in the UKCAT will be less important: also consider university that only use the UKCAT when comparing two students who are directly comparable therefore decreasing your chances of the UKCAT being an important factor whether you will be selected for an offer.Good luck!
X
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate