The Student Room Group

Question concerning depth of knowledge for AQA Psychology A

Hi all. I am studying AQA Psychology A from home currently and I was wondering if anybody could tell me to what extent I have to remember everything within the text book? There seem to be so many studies, years and exact statistics to remember for each and every topic and subtopic. Am I really going to have to walk in to my exams with hundreds of these studies perfectly stored? Or is it more about having the 'key' studies for each subject remembered?

An example from one of the topics I have already finished would be the constraints of both the STM and LTM in terms of capacity, duration and encoding. I could tell you their exact constraints, the factors affecting them and could elaborate on them with my own understanding but being able to quote the psychologist, year and statistics for all of the factors and constraints is somewhere I'd fall short. It's somewhat like (looks up at notes) Conway et al (1991) has defined my problem; with information of the correct nature (in my case applicable and relative) I can retain things very well; but concerning trivial information such as years/names/dates I struggle with.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending