Want more information about this university?

Help missed out on accommodation due to no deposit money

Watch
Schoey96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, I originally was after staying in Central Quay but according to unite it's full.
Where should I stay?
I'm looking at Study Inn, Alexandria House, Derwent Students - Sheffield 3, Sunrisestar, Aspect3, The Corner House, and Walsh Court.
Anyone got any advise / other places i should consider.
Schoey96
Rep:
?
Anyone?
andyroob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anywhere will require a deposit or advance rent payment in some form. It might be worth contacting accommodation services and explaining your situation.
Schoey96
Rep:
?
(Original post by andyroob)
Anywhere will require a deposit or advance rent payment in some form. It might be worth contacting accommodation services and explaining your situation.
Oh I can afford a deposit as of this Friday, as I get paid then.
I just missed out on all the Halls on the website
andyroob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Might be worth applying through the uni still. all the popular halls will likely be taken but you may still stand a chance of getting into one of the less popular such as The Marples, Pearl House, Halford House, Kings Chambers .etc
Schoey96
Rep:
?
(Original post by andyroob)
Might be worth applying through the uni still. all the popular halls will likely be taken but you may still stand a chance of getting into one of the less popular such as The Marples, Pearl House, Halford House, Kings Chambers .etc
I've applied through the uni, and I've applied through all the private halls that I can afford and I'm now messaging people through like spare room sites
JonKeightley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I will unfortunately not be returning to SHU this year, but I have already signed a contract and been given a room in a flat with two nice,quiet and most importantly, clean boys. Rent is £82 a week, including everything, such as bills and internet etc.. and the contract lasts until 31st of June 2015. The flat address is 61A Lancing Road S2 4ET. It is about 15 minutes walk from Sheffield Hallam city campus, with a number of students halls within 5 minutes walk and an ASDA just down the road.
http://www.copleyproperties.co.uk/?a...rties&view=105

Please feel free to message me if you have any further questions.
Jon
ruhel_91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Schoey96)
Hey, I originally was after staying in Central Quay but according to unite it's full.
Where should I stay?
I'm looking at Study Inn, Alexandria House, Derwent Students - Sheffield 3, Sunrisestar, Aspect3, The Corner House, and Walsh Court.
Anyone got any advise / other places i should consider.
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend Alexandra House, as I was there last year (whilst on placement) and I didn't enjoy my time there. I had no internet for about 4 months throughout my stay, heaters are rubbish during winter, when the stairway window is fully open but then closed during the hot summer days! I also had no hot water from about April until I left at the end of July. When trying to contact the first point of contact for Alexandra, sometimes calls and texts don't go through....

I had a viewing at Study Inn, it's really nice in terms of facilities and everything but rooms are really crammed, literally 7 steps of walking space.

I was at Forge in first and second year, had a few friends over at Pinnacles and Anvil, have a look at them. A lot cheaper than Alexandra and Study Inn!!
Schoey96
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruhel_91)
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend Alexandra House, as I was there last year (whilst on placement) and I didn't enjoy my time there. I had no internet for about 4 months throughout my stay, heaters are rubbish during winter, when the stairway window is fully open but then closed during the hot summer days! I also had no hot water from about April until I left at the end of July. When trying to contact the first point of contact for Alexandra, sometimes calls and texts don't go through....

I had a viewing at Study Inn, it's really nice in terms of facilities and everything but rooms are really crammed, literally 7 steps of walking space.

I was at Forge in first and second year, had a few friends over at Pinnacles and Anvil, have a look at them. A lot cheaper than Alexandra and Study Inn!!

I've been given an offer for Central Quay as someone dropped out
CONEILL55
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi. I recently dropped out of university and am reapplying for Manchester in 2015. I was at Sheffield Hallam university and my room has now become available for rent. It is called Sheffield 3, and it is on Hoyle Street. This is a five to ten minute walk from the uni of and fifteen to Sheffield Hallam. It is ensuite, double bed and spacious communal area. Perfect for most students, especially postgrads. Great flatmates and it is £106 a week but I am willing to negotiate. Really need someone to take it, the deposit of £250 is also available at the end of the academic year. Contact me on 07753359408 if interested, willing to negotiate a bargain for the ideal room
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (1)
16.67%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (3)
50%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (2)
33.33%

Watched Threads