RG110man
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are 'average' GCSE grades like for people studying computer science at uni.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to post your GCSE grades and the uni you are studying CompSci at.
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RG110man)
What are 'average' GCSE grades like for people studying computer science at uni.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to post your GCSE grades and the uni you are studying CompSci at.
A*A*A*A*AAAAAB + C in fsmq which we do not speak of.
RG110man
Rep:
?
What uni do you study at?
letsplayray
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A*AAAABBBBCD- dissapointing
But got A*A*A* at alevel and going to start a MENG Compsci degree at Warwick in October
RG110man
Rep:
?
(Original post by letsplayray)
But got A*A*A* at alevel and going to start a MENG Compsci degree at Warwick in October
Similar GCSE grades to what I'm expecting. I'm expecting A*A*A*AAAAAABC. Hoping to get similar A levels to you as well. (at least A*A*A)! Hopefully in 3 years time I'll be off to Durham or Warwick!
letsplayray
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Similar GCSE grades to what I'm expecting. I'm expecting A*A*A*AAAAAABC. Hoping to get similar A levels to you as well. (at least A*A*A)! Hopefully in 3 years time I'll be off to Durham or Warwick!
yeah man good luck, just put in all that hard work now and it will pay off!
jashfield730
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same here I'm going to Warwick as well this October for MENG Computer Science

I got A*A*A*A*A*AAABC (although one A* was in short course ICT) at GCSE and A*A*A*A at A-level

A word of advice do well in your AS Levels I don't know about people in schools on the mainland but my year people think AS-levels are time to be slack and do whatever they want. DO NOT RELY ON REPEATS, these mess up you're revision for A2 exams. I know a person who repeated lots of his AS results but thereby his A-levels results suffered as I was sure he was capable of at least one A* but he got straight A's - still good I know but he could have done better if he had of nailed the AS-level first time around.

I personally think it was because of my AS-Level results I was offered a place even without an interview or test. BTW I got AAAA in my AS-Levels
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What uni do you study at?
Bath - I got five offers including Imperial and got A*A*A at A2.
letsplayray
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=jashfield730;49843405]Same here I'm going to Warwick as well this October for MENG Computer Science

I got A*A*A*A*A*AAABC (although one A* was in short course ICT) at GCSE and A*A*A*A at A-level

Ah nice one look forward to meeting you! Have you done anything in prep for the course? and do you have any reading lists by chance? - would like to start buying the books asap lol
RG110man
Rep:
?
Looks like my predicted grades are fairly similar to everybody else's grades in the thread. I'm expecting:
Maths: A*
English Language:A*
English literature: B
Biology:A
Chemistry:A
Physics:A
History:A*
Music:A*
ICT: A
Religious studies: C (already done a year early)

That gives me 4A*'s, 5A's, 1B, 1C

I'd like to study at A level: Maths, Further Maths, Computing, Physics(AS)

Provided I get good enough grades in my a levels. Eg A*,A,A or above I presume this should be good enough to study at a university such as Warwick,Durham,Manchester,Birmin gham etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jashfield730
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah nice one look forward to meeting you! Have you done anything in prep for the course? and do you have any reading lists by chance? - would like to start buying the books asap lol
I have looked at java programming a bit there are plenty of pdf books on java and some of the pdf books are on warwicks reading list here. I don't know about buying books though u might be better off waiting till u get there- Until your course teacher tells you the books you will really need, just my thoughts anyways.

Btw fix your post by adding "[/QUOTE]" (no quotes) to the end of my quote
jashfield730
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks like my predicted grades are fairly similar to everybody else's grades in the thread. I'm expecting:
Maths: A*
English Language:A*
English literature: B
Biology:A
Chemistry:A
Physics:A
History:A*
Music:A*
ICT: A
Religious studies: C (already done a year early)

That gives me 4A*'s, 5A's, 1B, 1C

I'd like to study at A level: Maths, Further Maths, Computing, Physics(AS)

Provided I get good enough grades in my a levels. Eg A*,A,A or above I presume this should be good enough to study at a university such as Warwick,Durham,Manchester,Birmin gham etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes AAA should be good enough to get into the unis u mentioned above. Although some like warwick wanted me to get A*AA (A* in maths) if I didn't have FM but I did so the grades I needed were AAA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (258)
33.81%
No (505)
66.19%

Watched Threads