The Student Room Group

Really can't make choices on my degree I want to do for university HELP!!!

My key interest are in science and IT. I am going to be doing a Level 3 BTEC in IT and Applied Science. I would really like some help from someone who can guide me and tell me the right suitable courses for university. PS my GCSE grades are as below.

English Language: D (Got a C in the paper Coursework let me down)
English Literature: D
Maths: C
Business Studies: C
ICT: A*
Additional Science: C (Overall)

:confused::eek:
Original post by Deeboss
My key interest are in science and IT. I am going to be doing a Level 3 BTEC in IT and Applied Science. I would really like some help from someone who can guide me and tell me the right suitable courses for university. PS my GCSE grades are as below.

English Language: D (Got a C in the paper Coursework let me down)
English Literature: D
Maths: C
Business Studies: C
ICT: A*
Additional Science: C (Overall)

:confused::eek:

Don't stress about uni quite yet!
What about courses in computer science, many universities do these courses. For example the university of leeds does it but you will need D*DD in your IT BTEC and you will need to improve your GCSE maths score to a B and resit an English GCSE to get a C.
You may also be intersted in forensic compyting which you can study at universities such as Birmingham city, Cardiff, Leeds Metropolitan, Sheffield Hallam, Plymouth and Liverpool John Moores.
For all universities you will need at least a C in GCSE English to study. Good luck! I
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Hannahmay01
Don't stress about uni quite yet!
What about courses in computer science, many universities do these courses. For example the university of leeds does it but you will need D*DD in your IT BTEC and you will need to improve your GCSE maths score to a B and resit an English GCSE to get a C.
You may also be intersted in forensic compyting which you can study at universities such as Birmingham city, Cardiff, Leeds Metropolitan, Sheffield Hallam, Plymouth and Liverpool John Moores.
For all universities you will need at least a C in GCSE English to study. Good luck! I

Thanks allot for the advice! The only thing is like the English language theirs definatley no one who can just redo the coursework right? is it the full two year course I'll have to do again?
I know you can just take the exam in November, you would have to ask your previous teacher about coursework. However, most resitting English GCSE do the whole course in one year instead of two as you should be just recapping what you already have learnt.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Hannahmay01
I know you can just take the exam in November, you would have to ask your previous teacher about coursework. However, most resitting English GCSE do the whole course in one year instead of two as you should be just recapping what you already have learnt.
Good luck!

Thanks!!:colone::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest