Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there any1 out there who's hated 6th form or am i the only 1

ReputationRep:
    i hate it ... since the first day i hated everything about it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i hate it ... since the first day i hated everything about it!!!
    can i ask why
    i hated it coz ive just messed up the whole 2 years lol and evry1 is too mature

ReputationRep:
    did u go to a sixth form college or was it just your high scool with an addition? I go to a sixth form college and i really like it, dont wanna leave! Apparently my college is really big though (bout 2000 ppl) so that may have something to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Nope, they just like to think they are.
    well i didnt quite fit in with them so ive been quite a loner over the 2 years and i keep wishing id have spoke more and acted like them then i might have had more friends

ReputationRep:
    i messed up 2!! but its only coz im constantly on the net was predicted 4A at As but gt much lower than that!
    in my skul every1 knew each other from lower years n i was new so im always left out.. and no1 ever do anything interseting and they all really sad i dont even feel upset about nt being friends wid them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    well i didnt quite fit in with them so ive been quite a loner over the 2 years and i keep wishing id have spoke more and acted like them then i might have had more friends
    u dont want to have friends who act like they 30 when they r like 16 or 17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-of-pain)
    did u go to a sixth form college or was it just your high scool with an addition? I go to a sixth form college and i really like it, dont wanna leave! Apparently my college is really big though (bout 2000 ppl) so that may have something to do with it.
    no its a college i can see why ppl dont wanna leave and to be honest i dont coz evry1 is just so cool including the teachers but i have a crap reputation so i kinda wanna leave.
    ive just contradicted my thread! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, i really hate my school at the moment and I was thinking about leaving to go to a Sixth Form College, I will be the only one from my school going and as most schools stop at 16 I suspect a lot of people will already know each other. From what i've read you dont seem to like it, do you think moving will be too much of a disruption?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Well, i really hate my school at the moment and I was thinking about leaving to go to a Sixth Form College, I will be the only one from my school going and as most schools stop at 16 I suspect a lot of people will already know each other. From what i've read you dont seem to like it, do you think moving will be too much of a disruption?
    no not at all u'll find 6th form a lot cooler than school trust me for most ppl its easy to make friends and to be honest i liked it but just messed up my social life by being too quiet lol. i think u should go to 6th form besides u dont have to wear uniform and theres more leisure and freedom.

When I was at that point i left. Couldn't stand the people!, the school system or anything. went to be a number at a college that had 30k Students instead, far better and more freedom! - Gotta be more self disciplined though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    no not at all u'll find 6th form a lot cooler than school trust me for most ppl its easy to make friends and to be honest i liked it but just messed up my social life by being too quiet lol. i think u should go to 6th form besides u dont have to wear uniform and theres more leisure and freedom.
    Yer, thats what attracted me to it. I'm at boarding school at the moment so it should be quite a contrast!! My parents say it could be a large disruption at an important time but I currently hate boarding so much I think anything will be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Yer, thats what attracted me to it. I'm at boarding school at the moment so it should be quite a contrast!! My parents say it could be a large disruption at an important time but I currently hate boarding so much I think anything will be better.
    i dont understand how can it be a disruption? it'll be more of one if u stay at school then after 7 years suddenly have a big change to uni. it'll give u more experience and u'll love it trust me expecially if ure an outgoing type
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i dont understand how can it be a disruption? it'll be more of one if u stay at school then after 7 years suddenly have a big change to uni. it'll give u more experience and u'll love it trust me expecially if ure an outgoing type
    good luck
    Thanks, I messed up when I started at secondary school because I had been at junior school for 9 years and had never been forced to make friends before, so going to college could force me to be outgoing and, as you say will provide more realistic prepartion for uni. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    6th form is pretty cool i reckon

rather be there than full time work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    is there any1 out there who's hated 6th form or am i the only 1
    What? I love sixthform - if I look at it as one of the best moments of my life - kill me! I'll miss having the litte power I have - deputy head girl, vice president of three (useless ) committees, and all the lovely people. We're currently planning the year book, it's taking a long time because it has to encompass the two hundred and twenty students of year thirteen :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I hated every second.

I was physically ill and ended up in hospital. Played truant so much when I met someone who had been in lower 6th when I was in upper swore they'd never met me and I think he was right.

It was the worst 2 years of my life. I didn't want to be there, didn't learn anything. The only thing I came out of it with was zero self esteem.

I think it's a personal thing. Some people suit the system and other don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    What? I love sixthform - if I look at it as one of the best moments of my life - kill me! I'll miss having the litte power I have - deputy head girl, vice president of three (useless ) committees, and all the lovely people. We're currently planning the year book, it's taking a long time because it has to encompass the two hundred and twenty students of year thirteen :cool:
    Yeah, sixth-form has been the best two years so far. We have more than just a little power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    I hated every second.

I was physically ill and ended up in hospital. Played truant so much when I met someone who had been in lower 6th when I was in upper swore they'd never met me and I think he was right.

It was the worst 2 years of my life. I didn't want to be there, didn't learn anything. The only thing I came out of it with was zero self esteem.

I think it's a personal thing. Some people suit the system and other don't.
    exactly the same a s me! but i still have 4weeks left i feel so sick whenever i go that i skyve at least half of my lessons every week!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.