Why is it "wrong" to judge people by their appearance?

Watch
fairnotfair
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's in our nature to do it. We do it whether we like it or not.
It can be annoying if youre unattractive, but it isn't "wrong" like many people would swear it is.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Discuss.
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its not wrong. Its natural selection. Its genetics.

We all do it on a sub conscious level.

Lifes not fair.
simplylldxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because it's not very nice, why should you be judged over your weight, fashion choices etc. But it is in our nature, it's basically first impressions; as long as you don't actually say it - just think it then you'll be okay!
fairnotfair
Rep:
?
I hate it when they are like "don't judge" "you've never tried fat before, you're just scared once you try fat, you never turn back"

****s annoying. I will judge people on the things they can change (weight, music taste, hobbies), but never on things that are beyond their control, like height. And before someone brings it up, no, weight is not something that is out of somebodys control.
hihoho
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fairnotfair)
I hate it when they are like "don't judge" "you've never tried fat before, you're just scared once you try fat, you never turn back"

****s annoying. I will judge people on the things they can change (weight, music taste, hobbies), but never on things that are beyond their control, like height. And before someone brings it up, no, weight is not something that is out of somebodys control.
Fat people deserve to be judged, they're wasting much food even though they don't need that much and the terrible thing is that they're selfish and don't think about the poor starving people in Africa when consuming such large amounts.
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is nothing wrong with it.
fairnotfair
Rep:
?
(Original post by hihoho)
Fat people deserve to be judged, they're wasting much food even though they don't need that much and the terrible thing is that they're selfish and don't think about the poor starving people in Africa when consuming such large amounts.
that's actually a solid point mate. from troll, to quality poster. keep it up and I'll rep you some time
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's in our nature to do it. We do it whether we like it or not.
It can be annoying if youre unattractive, but it isn't "wrong" like many people would swear it is.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Discuss.
1) Not everything is to do with looks.
2) Everyones view on what is attractive is different.
3) Everyones looks deteriorate as they get older, doesn't mean they lose value as a person.
4) Anyone who says "don't hate the player, hate the game" about anything is being a **** and doesn't want to be called up on it.
hihoho
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
that's actually a solid point mate. from troll, to quality poster. keep it up and I'll rep you some time
You mean, from quality poster to exceptionally quality poster. Rep me bru, don't be shy.
hihoho
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gwilym101)
3) Everyones looks deteriorate as they get older, doesn't mean they lose value as a person.
4) Anyone who says "don't hate the player, hate the game" about anything is being a **** and doesn't want to be called up on it.
Not everything as long as you are exceptionally talented at what you do then people will focus more on it but still the looks will be judged.

Surprisingly, I look sexier as I get older.
fairnotfair
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwilym101)
Aesthetics is extremely important

Last time I checked, nobody finds that 2/10 girl in your average class attractive. Aesthetics is as objective as it gets.

When people get older, they get less attractive, fact. Who wants to be friends with an old person? Who wants to hire an old person? Who wants to have sex with an old person? Lol

It's only nature. Deal with it.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't control who I find attractive so I don't see why I should be criticised for being "shallow" or whatever.
Guybrush Sheepgood
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not wrong to judge someone's appearance by their appearance.

It's wrong to judge someone's personality by their appearance.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate it when whales are like "don't judge" "you've never tried fat before, you're just scared once you try fat, you never turn back"

Manlets... When will they learn?

fairnotfair
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
Manlets... When will they learn?

U mirin jacked manlet gains?
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aesthetics is extremely important

Last time I checked, nobody finds that 2/10 girl in your average class attractive. Aesthetics is as objective as it gets.

When people get older, they get less attractive, fact. Who wants to be friends with an old person? Who wants to hire an old person? Who wants to have sex with an old person? Lol

It's only nature. Deal with it.
Aesthetics are extremely important to you, not necessarily to everyone else.

The idea that you can judge the attractiveness of 7 billion people into a 1-10 scale is stupid.

Lots of people are friends with old people. Lots of people hire old people (pretty much why young people are struggling to get jobs), 7 billion people on the planet odds are someone wants to.

Your post does support the fourth point of my original post.
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
It's not wrong to judge someone's appearance by their appearance.

It's wrong to judge someone's personality by their appearance.
You can learn a lot about a person by how they appear. Not everything about them, but a fair amount.
Kaneda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I saw an old black guy with a hood once and looked the doors in my car and saw him how he got into a range rover behind me....

Posted from TSR Mobile
mustangmix
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate it when whales are like "don't judge" "you've never tried fat before, you're just scared once you try fat, you never turn back"

you judge people on music ok bro you're stupid. and you can't 'change' your taste in music lmao. what is it to you which essentially is 'noises' that people enjoy... pathetic lol
louieee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
people use "it's genetics, we evolved to judge appearances" as an excuse to be a **** to less attractive people, yet they forget that we are human and we developed the conscious mind which actually gives us the ability to mostly go against instinct, we do it in every other part of life so why not with appearances? It doesn't make sense, you have awareness and a sense of self, you essentially have everything you need to make the decision to not judge based on appearances, and yet you still do because a) you're weak-minded or b) you're too primitive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (587)
34.13%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (710)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise