The Student Room Group

UCL

Hey!

Is there anyone who studies Psychology BSc at UCL? If so, could you tell me what A levels did you take and what did you generally write about in your PS? Should I focus more on being a volunteer at several charity associations, on my readings or something else?

Also, if I took only 1 science subject - Psychology - at A-level equivalent (the others being History and Romanian Literature and Language) are my chances of receiving an offer severly affected? Moreover, what can I say about the connection between History and Psychology?

Thanks for your help :smile:
I'm a 3rd year.

Took Psychology, philosophy, sociology EPQ and AS health and social care

Wrote about why I like psychology, articles and books I've read

Focus on readings rather than volunteer unless it links to psych

I believe UCL psych now requires at least 2 science/math subjects, you might want to email and check

And with the connection very little. If it doesn't link don't bother putting in your PS
Reply 2
[QUvol]I'm a 3rd year.

I believe UCL psych now requires at least 2 science/math subjects, you might want to email and check

And with the connection very little. If it doesn't link don't bother putting in your PS

It requires at least 1 science subject, but if I have only 1 are my chances of getting in smaller?

As a volunteer I have worked with children with disabilities (Down syndrome, autism), with cancer, or poor/abandoned. Would this improve my ps?
Original post by dciobotaru1
[QUvol]I'm a 3rd year.

It requires at least 1 science subject, but if I have only 1 are my chances of getting in smaller?

As a volunteer I have worked with children with disabilities (Down syndrome, autism), with cancer, or poor/abandoned. Would this improve my ps?

I would find some books on autism/DS and you can link your experiences to psychological theory/reading, and that would definately improve your PS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autism-Explaining-Enigma-Cognitive-Development/dp/0631229019/ref=sr_1_1/278-8009516-4872146?ie=UTF8&qid=1409074960&sr=8-1&keywords=autism+frith

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autism-Very-Short-Introduction-Introductions/dp/0199207569/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409075272&sr=8-1&keywords=autism+a+very+short+introduction

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Autistic-Spectrum-Characteristics-Practical/dp/0761962123/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409075295&sr=8-1&keywords=autism+characteristics+causes
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest