Are there any degrees linked with property offered by unis?

Watch
Danwaters909
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm really interested in going into property as a career but I don't know what sort of degrees are offered if there are any and if they will be of any use to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you say 'property as a career' do you mean designing them, building them, managing them, selling them, or what?

Suggest you check out appropriate job ads (http://www.indeed.co.uk/) for entry level positions and see what qualifications and/or prior experience they are asking for.
Danwaters909
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
When you say 'property as a career' do you mean designing them, building them, managing them, selling them, or what?

Suggest you check out appropriate job ads (http://www.indeed.co.uk/) for entry level positions and see what qualifications and/or prior experience they are asking for.
I mean like building, managing and selling them

Posted from TSR Mobile
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are you going to use for start-up capital?
No bank will give an 18 year old with no income a loan.
Danwaters909
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
What are you going to use for start-up capital?
No bank will give an 18 year old with no income a loan.
I'm not looking to go into right away as I said above I want to go to uni first and wanted to know if a degree would help me in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There isnt a 'how to become a property develop degree'. You start small and get bigger. The best thing you could do as a starting point is understand how houses are built and sold - ie. something like an apprenticeship in bricklaying, or an entry level job in an Estate Agents.
Snufkin
Report 7 years ago
UCL offers degrees in Planning and Real Estate, Project Management for Construction, and Urban Studies. Is that what you mean?
fortunaisland
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm off to do Town and Regional Planning in September - Is that what you mean? Property can be anything; bricklaying, construction, estate management, civil engineering, surveying, urban studies, town planning, architecture... If you want become a self-made property person (don't know the term) and are sure a degree is the only way, what about something like business management?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads