gcse results

Watch this thread
c grade student
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone I was just wondering when I apply to university will I need to show them my gcse results slip at my interview or will they automatically get my results through UCAS or the exam boards.
p.s I will be going to study Law at the university of Birmingham or Birmingham city university
hellokittymad
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by c grade student)
Hi everyone I was just wondering when I apply to university will I need to show them my gcse results slip at my interview or will they automatically get my results through UCAS or the exam boards.
p.s I will be going to study Law at the university of Birmingham or Birmingham city university
I went for an interview at both those places and had to take my results for previous qualifications so, Id presume its the same for you (: But they should both send you and email and tell you what you need to bring with you x
c grade student
Rep:
(Original post by hellokittymad)
I went for an interview at both those places and had to take my results for previous qualifications so, Id presume its the same for you (: But they should both send you and email and tell you what you need to bring with you x
I thought that UCAS or the gcse exam board that you took your exams with (AQA) would tell the university your gcse results instead of you needing to take in your slip because I didn't get a results slip
hellokittymad
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I thought that UCAS or the gcse exam board that you took your exams with (AQA) would tell the university your gcse results instead of you needing to take in your slip because I didn't get a results slip
I think they do both, I think that the exam board does it and you need to bring them in with you along with identification but they should be able to tell you x
c grade student
Rep:
I think they do both, I think that the exam board does it and you need to bring them in with you along with identification but they should be able to tell you x
Were you told that they would ask the exam board or ucas for you gcses or were you specifically told to bring your gcse results slip in
hellokittymad
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Were you told that they would ask the exam board or ucas for you gcses or were you specifically told to bring your gcse results slip in
I was told to bring it in with me to the interview
c grade student
Rep:
I was told to bring it in with me to the interview
Do you know where I can get a slip made from because my school said I cant get one because I got a D in English language and maths
also did they just check your results or did they keep the slip and make copies
hellokittymad
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do you know where I can get a slip made from because my school said I cant get one because I got a D in English language and maths
also did they just check your results or did they keep the slip and make copies
they made copies of my results and gave the slip back to me and you should be able to get one i dont see why you cant
c grade student
Rep:
they made copies of my results and gave the slip back to me and you should be able to get one i dont see why you cant
Why would they keep a copy of your gcse though. Thought they just look at it
hellokittymad
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Why would they keep a copy of your gcse though. Thought they just look at it
I'm not sure
c grade student
Rep:
I'm not sure
Are you sure they actually kept the slip because im screwed I they did
hellokittymad
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are you sure they actually kept the slip because im screwed I they did
they made a copy and gave me the slip back, the original i kept, they kept the copy
c grade student
Rep:
they made a copy and gave me the slip back, the original i kept, they kept the copy
Any idea what they done with it
I mean they say they dont care about gcses just a levels. What course did you apply for?
HistoryGirly
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You should have your GCSE certificates by now, my friends who went to interviews took those
c grade student
Rep:
(Original post by HistoryGirly)
You should have your GCSE certificates by now, my friends who went to interviews took those
I don't I've only got my A4 results sheet from school. Do universities really need the certificate or can I just take the A4 sheet. Can you ask someone with experiance please?
HistoryGirly
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I don't I've only got my A4 results sheet from school. Do universities really need the certificate or can I just take the A4 sheet. Can you ask someone with experiance please?
It depends on what the university asks for. I only know one person who did an interview and she had to take her certificates. Are you sure you will even need an interview for Law?
c grade student
Rep:
(Original post by HistoryGirly)
It depends on what the university asks for. I only know one person who did an interview and she had to take her certificates. Are you sure you will even need an interview for Law?
They specifically asked for a certificate or just results?

and yes I would if I wanted to do law in a Russell group uni
HistoryGirly
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They specifically asked for a certificate or just results?

and yes I would if I wanted to do law in a Russell group uni
Not all russell group uni's ask for interviews for Law and they asked for certificates, may not be the same for all unis though!
l'insegnante
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ok so just to clarify what everyone is saying in simple terms

Step one - you will enter your GCSE subjects and grades (along with all other qualifications) onto your UCAS form
Step two - UCAS will send everything off to your chosen universities (exam boards do not send them GCSE nor AS results it is you who will put them onto your form)
Step three - Universities will see your application and decide whether to give you an offer or not or if they are a university who interviews they will chose whether or not to invite you to an interview

If you are invited for an interview you will need to take with you all your GCSE and AS certificates so that the university can confirm that the grades you put on your form are the grades you actually got.
Alternatively universities who issue offers sometimes ask you to scan/photocopy your results certificates and email/post them to them

Hope this helped

EDIT - Most universities will also accept the statement of results that you got on results day, if you explain that you do not have the certificates

EDIT 2 - Btw if you have only just done your GCSE's this year, you will not receive GCSE certificates until around November
Parkleton
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you got a D in English Language and Maths at GCSE I don't believe you'll be eligible to apply for such a prestigious university as Birmingham, especially for such a competitive course like Law; I'm also unsure about BCU as I think they ask for C's? You may want to check this; forgive me if I'm wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
20.41%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.16%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.2%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (14)
28.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
24.49%

Watched Threads