The Student Room Group

Which shows had the best/worst Finale?

Off the top of my head I'd say Spartacus and Breaking Bad had brilliant finale's. And it's controversial but I also liked the Soprano's ending.

As for the worst, True Blood's was pretty naff but then again so was the series. Prison Break's was also an anti-climax Imo.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Friends. I loved the surprise of twins for Monica and Chandler and Rachel and Ross getting back together. But I wish there was a happy ending for Joey, we didnt really find out much about him :smile:
Reply 2
Lost... what a waste of ****ing time, I DIDN'T EVEN GET IT
House had an amazing ending!

Dexter's ending was a bit meh.

I seem to be in the minority in that I actually quite liked Lost's ending
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Best: Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Seinfeld.
Worst: The Sopranos, True Detective, Prison Break (because it should have ended after season two).
I thought the True Blood ending was alright! Wasn't great, but considering the state the series has been in, I think it was the best way to round it all off.
Anyhow...

Best:

Breaking Bad - I usually have something to complain about when a show ends, but seriously, I applaud the whole team that worked on Breaking Bad. I can't even think of a show's finale that comes close to Breaking Bad's perfect execution. All the plot lines were tied up nicely, and I think the thing that makes it one of the greatest series of the 2000's is the fact it wasn't milked for all it was worth until viewers got bored of it.

Also, 'Friends' ending was pretty good.

Worst:

HIMYM - Need I even explain? Even if you wanted Robin/Ted together you have to admit that it was a cheap way of having them as endgame. The whole of the last season was just ****. I can't even think of a TV series that ended worse than this or took such a rubbish turn - even True Blood never got a crap as the final season of HIMYM.

Gossip Girl - Was almost unwatchable after the 4th season, nonetheless, I still watched it - the last episodes had promise but the fact that Dan was Gossip Girl and Serena still ended up marrying him despite all the awful things he did (bordering on psychopathic) was stupid.

Now... I'm just hoping they don't **** Game of Thrones up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Worst - Weeds but in a way it was good because the show was getting that bad that it just had to end.
Best - Stargate Atlantis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best: Breaking Bad, The US Office (totally repaired the **** couple of last seasons) Friends

Worst: Lost
I think HIMYM is going to hold the "lamest ending ever" award for a very long time to come!
* NOT REALLY SPOILERS BUT JUST IN CASE SOMEONE GETS PISSY I GIVE AWAY SOME MINOR PLOT POINTS THEN HERE...SPOILER *

BEST: Twin Peaks - For a show that had to wrap up its story so quickly, it was so effective and the final 30 seconds still give me shivers to this day. One of the ultimate cliffhangers in TV, it ruined me (in a good way).

WORST: One Tree Hill - As soon as all the characters were adults and Chad Michael Murray left, this show was doomed. The finale was so infuriatingly frustrating, with no appearance from Lucas or Peyton, that cringe-worthy part where every character gets a monologue and "oh everything is so happy for everyone, it's going right for us all" really pissed me off. And the ending was like 10 years in the future and freaking character had aged! Come on make-up department, you can do better.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: Mash - Never watched the show but my Dad claims it's the best ending to a TV show ever.

HIMYM - The ending would have been SO much better if it wasn't rushed. They could of easily squeezed a tenth season. Good idea, but poorly executed.

Californication - With the main focus of the show being the "will they or won't they?" with Hank and Karen, I felt cheated when nothing had been resolved, in fact it just felt like a normal ending to a normal episode.
Original post by Mackay
Best: Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Seinfeld.
Worst: The Sopranos, True Detective, Prison Break (because it should have ended after season two).

Why True Detective? I thought it was alright. But wouldn't call it bad, Sopranos too.
Nelly ****ing Yuki should have been gossip girl, nuff said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best: Homeland (The Brody Storyline)
Worst: Dexter

Original post by Democracy
I think HIMYM is going to hold the "lamest ending ever" award for a very long time to come!

Have you seen Dexter? If not you should. :mmm:
I really have no idea why people didn't like the lost finale :confused: The only reason I can think of is that they didn't get it, I thought it wrapped up quite nice.
Reply 14
HIMYM had the worst ending ever
Reply 15
Original post by JordanS94
I really have no idea why people didn't like the lost finale :confused: The only reason I can think of is that they didn't get it, I thought it wrapped up quite nice.

What actuallly happened? Where they in heaven or something? Tbf it went downhill after the 3 season
MERLIN SUCKED. SO BADLY. I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Anyone remember Heroes? Now THAT was a good ending even though it was cancelled after they filmed it
Reply 18
Original post by davidisill
Why True Detective? I thought it was alright. But wouldn't call it bad, Sopranos too.

The Sopranos was awful.

True Detective just wasn't to my liking - felt the final episode, and final fifteen minutes, were a bit of a cop out and didn't suit the characters.
Original post by 08jogon
What actuallly happened? Where they in heaven or something? Tbf it went downhill after the 3 season

Season 3 was definitely the weakest but the seasons afterwards there seasons were great especially season 6 :biggrin:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending