The Student Room Group

Social Anxiety, stress and college

I'm starting college in less than 3 2 weeks and I'm nervous like everyone else but excited but I feel as a person I'm awkward and I'm nervous around people. This makes people just not want to be around me .i hate it. I haven't always been like this and seeing as I'm going to have to go to college and talk to new people then this will hinder me. The hair on my temple is also receding which could maybe due to stress. This summer was voting for me and I thought I'd enjoy seeing as I had just finished my gcses. I didn't really do anything with my so called "friends". Soo I just want help so I can get my **** together .

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Tan1234
I'm starting college in less than 3 2 weeks and I'm nervous like everyone else but excited but I feel as a person I'm awkward and I'm nervous around people. This makes people just not want to be around me .i hate it. I haven't always been like this and seeing as I'm going to have to go to college and talk to new people then this will hinder me. The hair on my temple is also receding which could maybe due to stress. This summer was voting for me and I thought I'd enjoy seeing as I had just finished my gcses. I didn't really do anything with my so called "friends". Soo I just want help so I can get my **** together .

Thanks

You start college less than 32 weeks?
Reply 2
I feel you. Im starting in about a week and im really nervous.See i have social anxiety mostly stemming from my lack of self confidence and constant name calling even thought i wasnt bullied my freinds were slight c*nts. Anyway im really scared too because im going to a mixed :s-smilie:college which consist of mainly girls. Im really not confident aroind and i went to an all boys school so im pretty nervous tbh
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AmmanK1
I feel you. Im starting in about a week and im really nervous.See i have social anxiety mostly stemming from my lack of self confidence and constant name calling even thought i wasnt bullied my freinds were slight c*nts. Anyway im really scared too because im going to a mixed :s-smilie:college which consist of mainly girls. Im really not confident aroind and i went to an all boys school so im pretty nervous tbh

You will not be the only one nervous and most, if not all, people will be too busy thinking about them selves and college to think and wonder who the heck you are :tongue:
Remember there are other people in the same boat as you. Remember why you're going to college, you're going their to study. The two years will fly by so make the most of it. You don't need people in college, they'll just distract you from studying.
Reply 5
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Remember there are other people in the same boat as you. Remember why you're going to college, you're going their to study. The two years will fly by so make the most of it. You don't need people in college, they'll just distract you from studying.

Why does it say you are a female? I remember seeing you few weeks ago and it said you were male -_-
Original post by 4TSR
Why does it say you are a female? I remember seeing you few weeks ago and it said you were male -_-

Erm.... It's always said female.. Think you've got the wrong person mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Erm.... It's always said female.. Think you've got the wrong person mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:bhangra:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending