The Student Room Group

Why is she behaving like this?

There is a girl I like who is sometimes really friendly to me but on other occasions she ignores me as if I dont exist.

We hardly get to talk because she is in a different course to me, we bump into each other briefly in the morning. She's really friendly to me then, we say hi and have a quick chat and then we're off to our lectures. I only see her walking about one other time throughout the day but that's about it. But when I get a chance to talk to her, she doesn't seem too interested or is sometimes too busy talking to her friend(s).

Is she playing hard to get or is she just not interested? I want to talk to her but we don't see other much...

What should I do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Why don't you just ask her if you want to know?

Just because someone is friendly to you it doesn't mean they are interested, she my just be being friendly.
Reply 2
Original post by Reeeeyah
Why don't you just ask her if you want to know?

Just because someone is friendly to you it doesn't mean they are interested, she my just be being friendly.

That is what I hate. Girls giving off signals that i take the wrong way. I am not exaggerating when I say I dont get to speak to her much, we both have busy schedules so I hardly see her

Posted from TSR Mobile
she is just friendly with you if you any feelings for her then stop be a jerk ..ask her Directly
Original post by UWS
That is what I hate. Girls giving off signals that i take the wrong way. I am not exaggerating when I say I dont get to speak to her much, we both have busy schedules so I hardly see her

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you trolling? Or just bull****? I'd hardly call it a signal when she's being friendly for a few minutes a day. From what you've described it doesn't seem like she's interested, and from what you've described I don't know why you'd think she is. If you have other reasons to think she is then just ask her out or something, but stop building an acquaintance or even friendship into something that it's not
Doesn't sound like you know her very well so she isn't really under any obligation to talk to you. You need to make some kind of move if you see her as girlfriend material. Otherwise you'll be stuck in limbo.
Reply 6
Original post by sliceofcake
Are you trolling? Or just bull****? I'd hardly call it a signal when she's being friendly for a few minutes a day. From what you've described it doesn't seem like she's interested, and from what you've described I don't know why you'd think she is. If you have other reasons to think she is then just ask her out or something, but stop building an acquaintance or even friendship into something that it's not

No, just inexperienced. Never had a girlfriend so how am I supposed to know everything about how a girl behaves? No need to be so rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
No, just inexperienced. Never had a girlfriend so how am I supposed to know everything about how a girl behaves? No need to be so rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend, women are strange beasts. There is one surefire way to know if she's definitely into you: ASK ASK ASK. She might just be trying to be friendly. Either way there are plenty other girls out there.
Reply 8
Original post by King Max
My friend, women are strange beasts. There is one surefire way to know if she's definitely into you: ASK ASK ASK. She might just be trying to be friendly. Either way there are plenty other girls out there.

I know friendly =/= interested, but girls are so hard to understand. Lots of girls out there... just need to keep looking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
I know friendly =/= interested, but girls are so hard to understand. Lots of girls out there... just need to keep looking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Join some societies or clubs there are plenty of girls there.
Reply 10
Original post by King Max
Join some societies or clubs there are plenty of girls there.

What kind of clubs do you mean? Night clubs or social ones at uni/near my house?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending