The Student Room Group

Furthermaths or german?

I've just finished gcse's and got pretty good results (5A*s and 4 A's) and I have now applied for A levels and I have picked Maths, physics, chemistry and german.

However after thinking about it and talking to friends who are in cambridge etc etc, I'm unsure as to whether I should replace German with FM instead. I hear FM is more beneficial as I am wanting a career in piloting or engineering, and I can always take german as an additional course.

What are your thoughts on this, as I haven't started college yet and I should still be able to switch my subjects around. I don't really have a preference with which subjects I love doing, as I like maths and sciences as well as learning languages.
Original post by havingfun1
I've just finished gcse's and got pretty good results (5A*s and 4 A's) and I have now applied for A levels and I have picked Maths, physics, chemistry and german.

However after thinking about it and talking to friends who are in cambridge etc etc, I'm unsure as to whether I should replace German with FM instead. I hear FM is more beneficial as I am wanting a career in piloting or engineering, and I can always take german as an additional course.

What are your thoughts on this, as I haven't started college yet and I should still be able to switch my subjects around. I don't really have a preference with which subjects I love doing, as I like maths and sciences as well as learning languages.

For Engineering, Further Maths is likely to be more useful, at least at AS level. I expect it would be the same for piloting as well.
Reply 2
FM trumps german.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest