Help with assessment Watch

freddie1988
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all im studying German Unification A Level history with the National Extension College. Haven't done coursework or studying for about 9 years and asking for a lil help on this question.

To what extent did economic factors drive the process of unification in Germany in the years 1848 – 66?

so far i have put things down in bullet points and i've got this so far.

German revolutions of 1848, Germany drafts up propositions for a political and economic union known as the Kleindeutschland. This was to achieve German unification without Austrian support and was favoured by Prussia.

The Zollverein included the vast majority of the German states; the trade union was to improve economy between the German states, to be used as a political tool against Austrian influence over the German states and to strengthen Germany against potential French aggression.

Prussian economy grew due to the Zollverein; this gave Prussia the power and strength to declare war against Austria.

The Zollverein helped German unification with the Prussian- Austria War of 1866 with Austria losing the war and losing all influence over the German states.

Any other important things have i missed? all help woul be greatly appreciated.

Freddie
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't forget the non-economic factors...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed