The Student Room Group

Enrolment troubles.

So I took Physics, Chemistry and Maths for AS, i ended up with C (in maths), D (chemistry) and E (physics). I wanted to do Pharmacy in University... I was also thinking of resitting my Chemistry Unit 2 exam and Physics Unit 1 exam.

So today when i went for enrolment, they said that i could not do Physics A2, because i got an E. The teacher said that i could re-sit the whole of Physics AS, or do another AS, where Biology is recommended. The teacher also said that 2 AS courses is equivalent to one A2 course. Is that even true since some courses in Uni want 3 A-Levels as a requirement?

What should i do, if i want to do Pharmacy in Uni?
Original post by ZeStudent
So I took Physics, Chemistry and Maths for AS, i ended up with C (in maths), D (chemistry) and E (physics). I wanted to do Pharmacy in University... I was also thinking of resitting my Chemistry Unit 2 exam and Physics Unit 1 exam.

So today when i went for enrolment, they said that i could not do Physics A2, because i got an E. The teacher said that i could re-sit the whole of Physics AS, or do another AS, where Biology is recommended. The teacher also said that 2 AS courses is equivalent to one A2 course. Is that even true since some courses in Uni want 3 A-Levels as a requirement?

What should i do, if i want to do Pharmacy in Uni?

Taking two AS's is not equivalent to taking one subject to A2. Sorry.

It may be easier for you to simply redo the year and aim for better AS grades. Otherwise you won't end up with 3 A2 subjects achieved in the same year. Some universities accept resit applicants, so you would need to research this before applying for Pharmacy.

Otherwise, you could try picking a new subject and doing AS and A2 in one year, but this will obviously be very difficult...

Quick Reply

Latest