The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough to take a pharmacy or medical course?

Hi im going into Year 11 and im predicted:
Chemistry- A
Biology - A
Physics - B/A
Maths- A
English- C
German- B
History- A
Economics- B
IT- A*
RE- C

Please reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SA30
Chemistry- A
Biology - A
Physics - B/A
Maths- B/A
English- C
German- B
History- A
Economics- B
IT- A*
RE- C

Please reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If medicine then you should probably try to get higher... Other than that, they are good, so yes.
Reply 2
Thanks! But if i did get those grades, what medical school would accept me? For either Pharmacy or Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SA30
Thanks! But if i did get those grades, what medical school would accept me? For either Pharmacy or Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you would unless you were lucky (I was lucky with only 1A* and 7's) However just do the best you can and assess the situation in August next year

EDIT: Thinking about it you will probably struggle at A-level to achieve an 3A's if you cannot get more A's.

Although you can always prove me wrong (take it as a challenge like I did!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Those are pretty good but if you truly want to go into medicine or pharmacy, I'm speaking with experience, they need to be higher. Universities WILL look at your GCSE's because majority have the same grade at A-level. Some universities will also make it the deciding factor like Birmingham. You need to make sure maths and English are minimum A's. Hey if i was predicted C's and D's at GCSE and come out with A's you can come out with A*'s. Believe in yourself. At this age, social life will be distracting but you need to stay focused I promise it will pay off. Oh and do DOE during your GCSE's, trust me you'd rather do it during year 11 than year 12 or 13. If I sound upfront I'm sorry id rather give you it straight than sugar coat it, because id want the same at that time. :smile:
Reply 5
So my grades arent even good enough for Pharmacy? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks Harry but im not sure if i can do any better :frown: So NO medical school would accept my grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA30
Chemistry- A
Biology - A
Physics - B/A
Maths- A
English- C
German- B
History- A
Economics- B
IT- A*