The Student Room Group

What's your favourite musical and why?

Just wondering really.

Not entirely sure what my all-time favourite musical is - there are just too many that I dearly love. But I have to say that Phantom of the Opera is definitely in my top 3 - cry every time I see it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HBPrincess
Just wondering really.

Not entirely sure what my all-time favourite musical is - there are just too many that I dearly love. But I have to say that Phantom of the Opera is definitely in my top 3 - cry every time I see it.

Massive fan of War of The Worlds musical, absolutely fantastic :smile:
Original post by Booyah
Massive fan of War of The Worlds musical, absolutely fantastic :smile:

Ooooo - I haven't heard of that one before. Definitely sounds awesome, I must check this out! ^_^
Reply 3
Original post by HBPrincess
Ooooo - I haven't heard of that one before. Definitely sounds awesome, I must check this out! ^_^

here you go :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6lY3VaaI0
Reply 5
Les Mis. Its probably my favourite because it was one of the first musicals I was introduced to as a child and I've also performed a lot of the songs from it when I used to sing. I liked the movie but the stage show, especially the 10th anniversary one with Colm Wilkinson and Ruthie Henshall was utter perfection. Nothing can top that imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Cats. I just love the music, the choreography, the lyrics. It was the first proper musical I ever saw and it really stuck with me.
Original post by Wolf359
Cats. I just love the music, the choreography, the lyrics. It was the first proper musical I ever saw and it really stuck with me.

I do love Cats ^_^
Bugsy Malone ❤️

It's just a fun musical, and I like the whole kids playing adults theme
Original post by Yasmin25
Les Mis. Its probably my favourite because it was one of the first musicals I was introduced to as a child and I've also performed a lot of the songs from it when I used to sing. I liked the movie but the stage show, especially the 10th anniversary one with Colm Wilkinson and Ruthie Henshall was utter perfection. Nothing can top that imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second that completely! I also love the 25th Anniversary version, minus Nick Jonas.
Les Miserables - I've liked it for over 10 years now - the music is enchanting and beautiful and I especially like the 10th Anniversary version.
Oklahoma! - One of the classic musicals I was introduced to as a child.
Phantom of the Opera - I love this, the stage show particularly and it's impossible for me to choose a favourite song from it.
Reply 11
Wicked! The music, and the storyline is just perfect for me :biggrin: And Blood Brothers, it's just so cool :tongue: And Les Mis, because that's just beautiful.
Reply 12
Original post by NaomiMisora
I do love Cats ^_^

Crazy cat lady
Original post by Booyah
Crazy cat lady

That's me ;D
Would definitely love to go out to see more musicals, but it's having the time and money to do so :s-smilie:
The ones that I've seen properly on stage have been We Will Rock You, Stomp (both which were school trips), Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Producers.
I would have to say my favourites are Wicked and The Book Of Mormon? I've never seen them live but I would love to and the soundtracks are amazing. I've only seen three musicals live and they were Beauty and the Beast which was a dance trip in year seven at the local theatre, Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat when I was nineand was another local theatre and I saw Hairspray on the West End when I was twelve. It was amazing and I still have some of the confetti that streamed out of the giant hairspray can at the end.
Kinda into rap/hip hop, not the meaningless songs but the deep lyric ones. Got lots of inspiration from Eminem, 2pac, etc
Reply 17
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Bugsy Malone ❤️

It's just a fun musical, and I like the whole kids playing adults theme

Yes bro lol

Jodie Foster BITD
Reply 18
Bugsy Malone is a hell of a shout.
Wicked- amazing songs, had me in tears.

Hairspray- SUCH a positive message.

Ghost- most incredible special effects I have ever seen.

I've seen all of these live, as well as Joseph, High School Musical and Blood Brothers, which were also brilliant :smile: Would LOVE to see Lion King, Les Mis or Phantom of the Opera next.

Quick Reply

Latest