Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if it happened (naturally) whilst Bush was in power, dya think he'd launch a "war on gravity"? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    if it happened (naturally) whilst Bush was in power, dya think he'd launch a "war on gravity"? :rolleyes:
    probably. he'd probably try bombing the others to get rid of them. he can never get it right poor thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    they havent done anything, there's nothing they can do. they can't clear the whole of the eastern coast-it's inhabited by millions. they won't be able to clear it in 5 hours either. there's very little they can do-when this happens, it'll be the biggest natural disaster in modern times
    Why are you telling me this
    What i meant was, they are most likely monitoring the area for ground tremours, gas emissions, other seismic activity to pinpoint a possible timeframe for the volcano to errupt hence hopefully being able to save as many people as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Yes, I'm a selfish survival-driven human being. It's my nature. Anyone truthful would say the same...
    *pokes a pin into a blissy voodoo doll*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Why are you telling me this
    What i meant was, they are most likely monitoring the area for ground tremours, gas emissions, other seismic activity to pinpoint a possible timeframe for the volcano to errupt hence hopefully being able to save as many people as possible.
    they will be. do you live in ameria then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    *pokes a pin into a blissy voodoo doll*
    Oi, you perverted little so-and-so, I felt that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm a selfish survival-driven human being. It's my nature. Anyone truthful would say the same...
    Haha.... you think about this mega wave, and it destroying the entire east coast of the USA, and you don't really care that much.... until someone you love moves there. Then you care. And you'd rather it hit anywhere else than there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Haha.... you think about this mega wave, and it destroying the entire east coast of the USA, and you don't really care that much.... until someone you love moves there. Then you care. And you'd rather it hit anywhere else than there.
    Yes, that fits what I said. Survival also includes dependence on people. Love = dependence....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    they will be. do you live in america then?
    In short, no.
    But that isn't really an issue because the disaster will have catestrophic effects all over the world not just in the areas directly hit.
    Like for example if the Supervolcanoe in Jellystone/Yellowstone (:confused: I forget which) erupts and possibly will cause an ice age etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    additionally, if you're going to fear it happening, you won't be wantin got go to america in your life (unless it happens before your holiday)

ReputationRep:
    Oi, you perverted little so-and-so, I felt that.
    I poked you in the arm Get your mind out of the gutter

ReputationRep:
    well i'm screwed Actually i doubt it would make it to Vermont... no i have never heard about if before
    oooo neg rep left without a name. Own up

ReputationRep:
    y is every1 on this thread so worrie dabout something that is not all that liekly to happen. i mean there are prob just as many other natural disasters more liekly to kill u. thats if u dont get run over by a bus first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    There was a good thread aobut this sort of stuff a while back, I remember dispensing pearls of wisdom about tidal waves and meteorite strikes... can't be bothered to search for it though! Its out there somewhere...
    This it? http://www.uk-learning.net/t28950.html :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    y is every1 on this thread so worrie dabout something that is not all that liekly to happen. i mean there are prob just as many other natural disasters more liekly to kill u. thats if u dont get run over by a bus first
    becuase there will be very little warning given and very little that could be done. ah well, it won't keep me awake at night even though it's a scary thought (and tidal waves -even the comparatively teeny regular ones- are a recurring nightmare for me so it makes me v.scared to leave my house without underwater equipment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    oh come on if ur gonna give me bad rep then at least tell me y even if u dont leave ur name.
    I cant c how this thread offended ne1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    oh come on if ur gonna give me bad rep then at least tell me y even if u dont leave ur name.
    I cant c how this thread offended ne1.
    lol i got nep rep for saying the word screwed in my first post in this thread. I sign my neg reps

ReputationRep:
    lol i got nep rep for saying the word screwed in my first post in this thread. I sign my neg reps
    good thats how it should b. i just wanna no y i got my neg rep.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.