English language A
English literature A*
Maths C
Science B
French A*
Spanish A*
History A*
RE A

And I have just enrolled sixth form to do A levels (English lit&lang, French, history, and psychology)

I studied for my GCSE's alone at home due to being ill and I am planning on going into sixth form as I feel I will need more help with them etc (I am a sufferer of CFS: chronic fatigue syndrome/ anxiety and borderline depression)

Does anyone have any advice about revision, the courses etc and what I'm to expect.

Any advice given will be immensely appreciated
if 6 was 9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if you want to get good grades at A levels, just revise from day one, stay on top of your revision, i have seen plenty of guy and girls who left it too late and ended up getting bad grades, goodluck and well done on your GCSEs
Anisa13400
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by if 6 was 9)
if you want to get good grades at A levels, just revise from day one, stay on top of your revision, i have seen plenty of guy and girls who left it too late and ended up getting bad grades, goodluck and well done on your GCSEs
That's the plan! Thank you
ohb1997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
I took two of the options that you are planning to take (history and English language). To my suprise I came out with ABB in my as levels.. with less revision than GCSE? How... I do not know. Out of History and Theatre studies, English language was the most challenging. English language a level is completely different to language GCSE... I took it, thinking that it would be easier than lit.. it is not!! you will be learning something called 'Frameworks' and scary words like phonology, lexis blah blah blah. Once you have cracked all the new material is isn't bad but be prepared!!
History is seriously time consuming and you really do have to love and be interested in the subject to pursue it.
I think you have got a really good variety of subjects!
Good luck
x
Anisa13400
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by ohb1997)
Hey,
I took two of the options that you are planning to take (history and English language). To my suprise I came out with ABB in my as levels.. with less revision than GCSE? How... I do not know. Out of History and Theatre studies, English language was the most challenging. English language a level is completely different to language GCSE... I took it, thinking that it would be easier than lit.. it is not!! you will be learning something called 'Frameworks' and scary words like phonology, lexis blah blah blah. Once you have cracked all the new material is isn't bad but be prepared!!
History is seriously time consuming and you really do have to love and be interested in the subject to pursue it.
I think you have got a really good variety of subjects!
Good luck
x
well luckily for me I A*ed all of the subjects I want to carry on at A level (English, French, history).. Well done on your results!! Fantastic!! I definitely love the subjects I've chosen which is a bonus. I'm just very worried about how time consuming they will be. I revised the most for History, so I'm prepared for it being a lot harder. Thanks for letting me know about the lang. I wasn't too keen on studying English literature and language combined, I applied for just English literature, but I guess due to people wanting to study both they combined them. Thanks a lot for your advice though, it's appreciated xo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
35.53%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (8)
10.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
30.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (9)
11.84%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed