Official vegetarian thread?

Watch
foodirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey
I was wondering if there is any official vegetarian or vegan thread where people who don't eat meat can share their favourite recipes and talk about different aspects of their lifestyle and diet?
Maybe it's time to start one?
khadieja
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by foodirl)
Hey
I was wondering if there is any official vegetarian or vegan thread where people who don't eat meat can share their favourite recipes and talk about different aspects of their lifestyle and diet?
I'd join one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
foodirl
Rep:
?
Yeah, me too
Canaduh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey
Sure, that would be nice!
foodirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Canaduh)
Sure, that would be nice!
So do you think we can just start chatting here or I should message a moderator or someone to make the thread official?(sorry, I'm new to tsr)
Canaduh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So do you think we can just start chatting here or I should message a moderator or someone to make the thread official?(sorry, I'm new to tsr)
Keep it here for now and let's see how it goes!
Thinedivine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I decided to become a vegetarian recently and so far it's going well. But I'm going back to school soon and the majority of the canteen food is meat so I'm planning to take in lunch this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for quick vegetarian recipes?
I would love a specific vegetarian/vegan thread btw, it's a great idea!
foodirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Canaduh)
Keep it here for now and let's see how it goes!
That's probably a good idea.
So when did you become vegetarians and why? Was it an impulse or something you were planning for a long time?
i stopped eating meat in April so I don't have a lot of experience but I read a lot and always try to make my diet balanced.
however I wanted to become a vegetarian when I got a cat(4years ago) but my mum didn't let me. She made me eat meat once a week.
I just couldn't understand why people can choose which animals they want to eat and which they want to keep as pets.
khadieja
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I became a vegetarian ten years ago now!! Can't imagine liking meat again anymore!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
foodirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thinedivine)
I decided to become a vegetarian recently and so far it's going well. But I'm going back to school soon and the majority of the canteen food is meat so I'm planning to take in lunch this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for quick vegetarian recipes?
I would love a specific vegetarian/vegan thread btw, it's a great idea!
When I have to take my lunch with me I usually choose lentills or millet groats with veggies. Or white cheese and fruit. Sometimes even oatmeals.
and I like tortilla wraps filled with salad
And apple &cinnamon pancakes
Vionar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello, I'm a vegetarian that doesn't eat cheese or eggs when they're eggs Like I'll eat cakes and stuff with eggs, but not a fried egg
Thinedivine
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I have to take my lunch with me I usually choose lentills or millet groats with veggies. Or white cheese and fruit. Sometimes even oatmeals.
and I like tortilla wraps filled with salad
And apple &cinnamon pancakes
Ohh yummy great ideas! I love having fresh berries with pancakes too
So tell me about you, regarding vegetarianism, I'd love to know.
foodirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thinedivine)
Ohh yummy great ideas! I love having fresh berries with pancakes too
So tell me about you, regarding vegetarianism, I'd love to know.
I wrote it a few posts earlier :
'i stopped eating meat in April so I don't have a lot of experience but I read a lot and always try to make my diet balanced.
however I wanted to become a vegetarian when I got a cat(4years ago) but my mum didn't let me. She made me eat meat once a week.
I just couldn't understand why people can choose which animals they want to eat and which they want to keep as pets'
so I'm a beginner
and also, regarding the lunchbox recipes: i love eating rice with sweetcorn, green peas, chilli or jalapeños and tumeric. It is so spicy and a little crunchy.
sr234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vionar)
Hello, I'm a vegetarian that doesn't eat cheese or eggs when they're eggs Like I'll eat cakes and stuff with eggs, but not a fried egg
Someone understands me hallelujah
!:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinedivine
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wrote it a few posts earlier :
'i stopped eating meat in April so I don't have a lot of experience but I read a lot and always try to make my diet balanced.
I just couldn't understand why people can choose which animals they want to eat and which they want to keep as pets'
so I'm a beginner
and also, regarding the lunchbox recipes: i love eating rice with sweetcorn, green peas, chilli or jalapeños and tumeric. It is so spicy and a little crunchy.
Mmm good ideas, they sound delicious. Thank you!

Intersting, yes I'm definitely a beginner too as like you, it was hard persuading my parents to let me be vegetarian but for me it's really important not to eat meat. I agree with you about the pets thing, it's funny because when I ate meat I used to always think 'oh I won't eat rabbit because their cute and it's a pet animal' but I realised how silly the view was when I got older and realised that there shouldn't be any distinction like that since all meat is wrong no matter if it's used as a pet, or if it's 'cute' etc/ in my opinion anyway.

sometimes, if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll go vegan for a while and when I'm older and leave home, I hope to do its full time. I have an obsession with the vegan and veggie sections in supermarkets because I just love buying all the delicious food there free from meat, dairy etc/
Vionar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr234)
Someone understands me hallelujah
!:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:eek: I thought I was the only one like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
foodirl
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't eat much cheese either.... But I love eggs.
khadieja
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm the complete opposite - love cheese, can't stand eggs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vionar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate the both of them Which is a problem when looking at vegetarian meals in restaurants, that all have cheese or eggs in them
sr234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although I love cheese but can't eat it if it's not with something e.g. bread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (36)
29.51%
No (86)
70.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed