The Student Room Group

SHould I bring my iPad Mini to school? - Al evels

I going to take History, Psychology, Politics and Religious Studies.

I recently got given an iPad mini (1st gen) and I was wondering if it is a good idea to take it into Sixth Form to do notes and revision and et cetera on it? Because Sixth Form is far more mature and presuming the teachers let me use it.

Also, do any of you know any good revision apps to go with the subjects I'm taking? (Android apps as well)

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I can't imagine not taking my ipad mini to school(i was doing ib)
Original post by dean7337

I recently got given an iPad mini (1st gen) and I was wondering if it is a good idea to take it into Sixth Form to do notes and revision and et cetera on it? Because Sixth Form is far more mature and presuming the teachers let me use it.

Also, do any of you know any good revision apps to go with the subjects I'm taking? (Android apps as well)

Thanks in advance

A friend of mine uses her iPad for all of her lessons, so it would hardly be a bad idea if you think it would help you learn. Personally, I find folders easier because I get given so many handouts and I want all my work to be in the same place - but everyone's different. As long as you're using it for learning, I can't see why your teachers wouldn't let you use it.

I don't know what apps she uses but I'll try and remember to ask her next time I see her (probably next week).
Reply 3
If you're mature enough to handle it properly then it's not that bad of an idea. Although it is very easy to get distracted by it and a lot of people end up using them for games and the internet instead of schoolwork.
Reply 4
Do it my tablet helped me alot, hook it up to your schools wi fi and look down upon those mere mortals fighting for computers in tge library

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dean7337

Thanks in advance

Make sure your school lets you first of all, and if they do, don't let it distract you. If it's how you want to do your study then it will work best for you. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with pen and paper.
If you're using it for notes, as Mike_123 said, nothing wrong with pen and paper. After all, that's what you'll be using in exams (I assume).

Quick Reply

Latest