The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
burje-t
Im also off to bath to do maths... U a big Fitty fan? I sort of am, must be a mathematics thing :smile:

Anyone except me NOT applying for sols/mar?? I will probably go for the cheaper stuff, eastwood flats seems like a cool idea...any info?

hi there

im quite worried about maths.

i reckon im pretty good but nowhere as good as say.. theone... are you a super genius?

what is this Fitty of which you speak?

hehe i think i may go for the cheaper flats too ;p
Reply 21
Solsbury and Marlborough are the best. They all also come with ensuite.

Some parts of Eastwood are OK, but others are quite poor.
Westwood is more consistent and some (not sure if all) have "pods".
Norwood isn't too bad, but it's location can go against it. i.e. music from the venus penetrating the walls, especially on a wed. and fri. for score and horny.

Nightlife in Bath is ok, but expensive. Also, don't go out on a sat, as there are loads of 21-25 year-old, lary, p*****.
Reply 22
kikzen
hi there

im quite worried about maths.

i reckon im pretty good but nowhere as good as say.. theone... are you a super genius?

what is this Fitty of which you speak?

hehe i think i may go for the cheaper flats too ;p

Yeah, I know what you mean. Im not an A-level sudent (IB) so when I saw the people here (theone, mikesgt etc) I figured that A-level people did A LOT more maths than us. Fitty = 50 Cent. You have a quote from the song "footprints" (which is not exactly in da club or something everyone's heard) so I figured you must like the guy....

Bigcnee; I know I've asked you before but hey..... The flats in eastwood (4 people, common kitchen/toilet, I think their numbered 20-24 or something), have you ever been to those? From what you can read on the Bath homepage, they seem newer/better than the old eastwood houses (1-19). Plus their only 54 quid a week.
Reply 23
Bigcnee

Nightlife in Bath is ok, but expensive. Also, don't go out on a sat, as there are loads of 21-25 year-old, lary, p*****.

yeah buddy i lvie in london so i know all about lary pricks.

burje-t
Yeah, I know what you mean. Im not an A-level sudent (IB) so when I saw the people here (theone, mikesgt etc) I figured that A-level people did A LOT more maths than us. Fitty = 50 Cent. You have a quote from the song "footprints" (which is not exactly in da club or something everyone's heard) so I figured you must like the guy....

Bigcnee; I know I've asked you before but hey..... The flats in eastwood (4 people, common kitchen/toilet, I think their numbered 20-24 or something), have you ever been to those? From what you can read on the Bath homepage, they seem newer/better than the old eastwood houses (1-19). Plus their only 54 quid a week.

ohhhh fiddy cent! :smile: nah not a maths thing. i guess most maths people are rockers - too intellectual for rap :tongue: yeah 50's alright... not the best though!

anyway dude, good luck with yer IBs and look out for me when we both get to bath :biggrin:
Reply 24
um.. has anyone got their forms yet.. ?
Reply 25
Nope. On the website, it says that they send the forms out at the start of July.
Reply 26
burje-t

To be honest, I wouldn't know.
Reply 27
Nope, I think July sounds about right. I really really want to go to Solsbury or Malborough, but I'm betting that absolutely EVERYBODY is thinking the same. There will be some severe competition for places there I'm thinking! As long as i don't end up living with a load of druggy, scally idiots I don't care.

Had a mate that went to Cardiff and had to request moving accomodation becaus the 5 people he shared with were all complete junkies. Not pleasant. But it got sorted out without much hassle.
Reply 28
tgowing
Nope, I think July sounds about right. I really really want to go to Solsbury or Malborough, but I'm betting that absolutely EVERYBODY is thinking the same. There will be some severe competition for places there I'm thinking! As long as i don't end up living with a load of druggy, scally idiots I don't care.

I'm not so sure. £71 is quite expensive.

I very much doubt you will find yourself living with drug-taking scallies.
Reply 29
Bigcnee
I'm not so sure. £71 is quite expensive.

Yeah, it is very expensive, but thats what I'd expect in the Bath area in general - property prices are fairly high down your way - although admittedly where i'm from it's just as bad. Does it get much more expensive when you move out in the second year?

Bigcnee
I very much doubt you will find yourself living with drug-taking scallies

No, I supose not, Bath is a very well respected uni and area in general. I wouldn't expect much trouble (at least anymore than your standard student mischief of moved traffic cones and the odd drink-related incident! :-D )

Really looking forward to going now (well, provided I don't screw up my exams in 4 weeks!)
Reply 30
tgowing
Yeah, it is very expensive, but thats what I'd expect in the Bath area in general - property prices are fairly high down your way - although admittedly where i'm from it's just as bad. Does it get much more expensive when you move out in the second year?

It's about the same, but not much is more expensive than Solsbury/Marlborough.

tgowing
No, I supose not, Bath is a very well respected uni and area in general. I wouldn't expect much trouble (at least anymore than your standard student mischief of moved traffic cones and the odd drink-related incident! :-D )

Really looking forward to going now (well, provided I don't screw up my exams in 4 weeks!)

I don't want this year to end. I'm having such an amazing time.
Reply 31
Bigcnee
I don't want this year to end. I'm having such an amazing time.

you fill me with confidence.
Reply 32
Zonic
About Solsbury Court and Marlborough Court I found this information to be considered.

"Split-sessional Letting.
Marlborough Court (except the postgraduate flats), Solsbury Court and Brendon Court. Your room in residence is available for the academic year (September-June) excluding the Easter vacation when your room must be cleared and the key returned. If residence is required during Easter, you must apply and pay for it separately, and you will be moved to a different room. Rent charges may be paid in three instalments in September, January and April."

have just found out tho, that marlborough court is sessional letting, not split sessional.
Reply 33
rahc
have just found out tho, that marlborough court is sessional letting, not split sessional.

Yeah I saw it too I guess they've changed it recently so I applied for marlborough court. Hopefully hopefully........................... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending