?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
magical
lamp-y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It's not very flashy but I've never seen a ball struck that hard.
Dovahkinn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Zidane's Champions League final goal against Bayer Leverkusen imo
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Demba Ba vs Liverpool. Good run and finish.
Shodann
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not very often the opposing team fans clap for a goal scored by your team, this peach of a bicycle kick is one of my faves especially from outside the box :eek:

asr11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AngelPhys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Lool, this was the last second goal. The referee blew the whistle after it, lol. I was watching the game also.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lamp-y)
This comment is a bit weird. It is a thing of beauty & widely considered to be the greatest ever team goal, it's not the shot that makes it it's the whole move, I'd say it's definitely flashy.

I would pick Maradona's 2nd vs England. There have been better goals in terms of skill or how pleasing they are on the eye but I'm taking the occasion into account too. Plenty of people have dribbled past 4 or 5 players but none have done it in a WC knock out in the way he did it.

I've never really 'got' that Zidane goal. Maybe it's so highly rated because it is him. I honestly prefer Crespo's goal vs Liverpool to that.
CRW1996
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lamp-y)

So overrated.
CRW1996
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyAYSm4Ud8o

Insane.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shodann)
It's not very often the opposing team fans clap for a goal scored by your team, this peach of a bicycle kick is one of my faves especially from outside the box :eek:
Speaking of overhead kicks from outside the box, have you seen Rivaldo's from the classic Valencia match?

Barca needed the win to qualify for the CL as well. 89th minute winner & hat-trick goal :cool:
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haven't seen that Gourcouf one before - what a peach.

For the context, this has to be up there.

Unfortunately the commentary is in Dutch so I don't know which player scored it.
tengentoppa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
This comment is a bit weird. It is a thing of beauty & widely considered to be the greatest ever team goal, it's not the shot that makes it it's the whole move, I'd say it's definitely flashy.

I would pick Maradona's 2nd vs England. There have been better goals in terms of skill or how pleasing they are on the eye but I'm taking the occasion into account too. Plenty of people have dribbled past 4 or 5 players but none have done it in a WC knock out in the way he did it.

I've never really 'got' that Zidane goal. Maybe it's so highly rated because it is him. I honestly prefer Crespo's goal vs Liverpool to that.
You have to consider the occasion, it was the winning goal in the UCL final. It was also a huge moment in Zidane's career, after having lost the 1996 UEFA cup and the 1997 and 1998 UCL final. This was the one major trophy he had yet to win and he did so in such style.

The other thing you have to consider is the incredible difficulty of that skill. Except maybe Ibrahimovic, I can't think of another modern day football who could hit that volley so perfectly.

So that goal gets my vote.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So maybe I am a biased, but this still gives me chills

studentwiz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

zlatan v england
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

brilliant
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
You have to consider the occasion, it was the winning goal in the UCL final. It was also a huge moment in Zidane's career, after having lost the 1996 UEFA cup and the 1997 and 1998 UCL final. This was the one major trophy he had yet to win and he did so in such style.

The other thing you have to consider is the incredible difficulty of that skill. Except maybe Ibrahimovic, I can't think of another modern day football who could hit that volley so perfectly.

So that goal gets my vote.
I know mate, I just don't see what other people are seeing. It is a fantastic goal but.greatest of all time? The Crespo goal is by far superior. The execution of that pass and then the little dink. Liquid football.

Arguments can be made about it not being the 'winner' but that's not enough for me to place the Zidane goal above it.

If we want to compare high stakes volleys with incredible technical difficulty then in my opinion Maxi Rodriguez's winner in the World Cup knock out vs Mexico is better. Struck with his weaker foot like Zidane's was as well.
AngelPhys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by studentwiz)

zlatan v england
Sick! I remember that! Lol.
Stevelee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Zidanes champions league volley in the 2002 final. What a goal.
mrdoovde1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This goal is absolutely amazing: http://gfycat.com/NeighboringSlipperyGrebe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes - I am a regular donator! (19)
6.13%
Yes - I have once or twice (20)
6.45%
I would like to... (134)
43.23%
No - I cannot give blood (74)
23.87%
No - I don't wish to (63)
20.32%