Are AABC good enough AS level results to get into pharmacy? Watch

holly.maybury
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Really worried/disappointed with these results as I was targeted AAAA. I am hoping to study pharmacy so will these AS grades been frowned upon? The A grades were in biology and psychology with the B grade being in chemistry (I am going to retake and hopefully get this up to an A next year) and the C in mathematics. I am dropping maths but I am worried about the C because I know maths is a favourable subject for pharmacy applicants to have - will this reduce my chances?
I got 6a* and 5a at GCSE and in AS level bio I got 93% and I am going to try and get an A* in that next year, so I am hoping for my A2 results to be A*AB or A*AA. Chances?
jambojim97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
​.
vee_wuvshugs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by holly.maybury)
Really worried/disappointed with these results as I was targeted AAAA. I am hoping to study pharmacy so will these AS grades been frowned upon? The A grades were in biology and psychology with the B grade being in chemistry (I am going to retake and hopefully get this up to an A next year) and the C in mathematics. I am dropping maths but I am worried about the C because I know maths is a favourable subject for pharmacy applicants to have - will this reduce my chances?
I got 6a* and 5a at GCSE and in AS level bio I got 93% and I am going to try and get an A* in that next year, so I am hoping for my A2 results to be A*AB or A*AA. Chances?
:curious:
holly.maybury
Rep:
?
EXTREMELY useful and constructive replies here guys, thanks!
vee_wuvshugs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by holly.maybury)
EXTREMELY useful and constructive replies here guys, thanks!
Have you even bothered looking at pharmacy courses? They do tell you the grades they want and even tell you the selection procedures sometimes. Also, a B at AS can be predicted as an A at A2, if that's your main worry. Look at the uni sites and what they want before asking us. That's where we'd get the info from ourselves then relay it to you (wasting our own time, if we were that nice). The amount of threads like this is actually ridiculous, do your own research first, even if you have, your post really doesn't show that. See? A constructive reply

You're welcome.
medicmadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=holly.maybury;49846971]Really worried/disappointed with these results as I was targeted AAAA. I am hoping to study pharmacy so will these AS grades been frowned upon? The A grades were in biology and psychology with the B grade being in chemistry (I am going to retake and hopefully get this up to an A next year) and the C in mathematics. I am dropping maths but I am worried about the C because I know maths is a favourable subject for pharmacy applicants to have - will this reduce my chances?
I got 6a* and 5a at GCSE and in AS level bio I got 93% and I am going to try and get an A* in that next year, so I am hoping for my A2 results to be A*AB or A*AA. Chances?[/QUOT
no need to brag
holly.maybury
Rep:
?
Never visiting this vile website again. I don't deserve to be spoken to like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (73)
7.82%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.79%