The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

naivesincerity
Jesus this thread is vile. Cats are ****ing adorable

http://samugliestdog.typepad.com/photos/sam_ugly_dog_winner/evil_cat_by_insanesnowduck.jpg
don't EVER kick a cat!! how mean can u get??? actually come to think of it i have kicked my cat before but that was only after i found my hamster chewed up on the floor and i was 9 yrs old and understandably quite upset. but yeah, don't kick a cat.
Reply 82
OK to kick a cat. The PC brigade at work again....

Of course it is. It's not as though it's a person, who cares what pain an animal feels, not many are complaining when they're sinking their teeth into a beef (albeit not cat) burger.
Reply 83
Ever seen someone drown a kitten? I have.
Reply 84
Seen someone do it, I didn't do it myself, I'm too much of a coward.
TheVlad
Ever seen someone drown a kitten? I have.

This reminded me of eminem-cleaning out my closset lyrics :p:

"Have you ever been hated or discriminated against, I have, i've been protested and demonstrated against
coaster
OK to kick a cat. The PC brigade at work again....

Of course it is. It's not as though it's a person, who cares what pain an animal feels, not many are complaining when they're sinking their teeth into a beef (albeit not cat) burger.

If you're serious, you're an idiot. :smile:
Reply 87
On the contrary, he has seen past the stupidity of his emotions. If it is moral for us to kill and eat an animal, why should we care about the pain it feels?

Would you rather be kicked or eaten?
No, he is attempting to draw a comparison between pointless and cruel animal abuse, and eating your dinner. Meat is important to the diet and it's not like slaughterhouses ritually abuse their animals or try to make them suffer. The point of slaughtering is quick and preferably painless death. These animals were reared to be eaten and while I don't exactly love the idea of them being killed, if they don't suffer then that is a good point at least, and it provides us with meat and nutrition in our diet. Kicking a cat is an entirely unrelated act to killing animals for meat, it is stupid and cruel and to attempt to draw a comparison is foolish.
bunthulhu
No, he is attempting to draw a comparison between pointless and cruel animal abuse, and eating your dinner. Meat is important to the diet and it's not like slaughterhouses ritually abuse their animals or try to make them suffer. The point of slaughtering is quick and preferably painless death. These animals were reared to be eaten and while I don't exactly love the idea of them being killed, if they don't suffer then that is a good point at least, and it provides us with meat and nutrition in our diet. Kicking a cat is an entirely unrelated act to killing animals for meat, it is stupid and cruel and to attempt to draw a comparison is foolish.

Thats what we, the genral public think. I have seen documentries on this, free range animals on small farms live ok, but on the larger farms it is industralised, and its not just chikens, even pigs are treated in this way, locked up in small pens.

The footage they showed was shocking, chikens cramped in a barn shoulder to shoulder in the dark, walking in their own crap, meaning they get burns on there feet, they are grown in a way that makes them grow real fast, to dast infact. Their legs can not support their weight and break.

As for pigs, once they give birth they are put in a pen so tiny they cant even move, for many months the justificaton is so that they cant squahs their young if they rold over, depsite the fact that they get by just fine in fields outdoors.

The death may be quick and painless, but the life is litraly torture, if you where to put your cat through what these farm animals go thorugh, and the RSPCA found out, you could be in prision now.
Reply 90
bunthulhu

I don't think it matters to the cow whether you, in your very modern compassionate way, make the philosophical distinction between killing for food and general animal cruelty i.e. killing for fun.
TheVlad
I don't think it matters to the cow whether you, in your very modern compassionate way, make the philosophical distinction between killing for food and general animal cruelty i.e. killing for fun.

So? We as humans are lucky enough to have enough intelligence to distinguish between the two, and it's a shame if people are so idiotic that they still go round needlessly causing animals to suffer (by kicking cats, for example).
*titanium*
Thats what we, the genral public think. I have seen documentries on this, free range animals on small farms live ok, but on the larger farms it is industralised, and its not just chikens, even pigs are treated in this way, locked up in small pens.

The footage they showed was shocking, chikens cramped in a barn shoulder to shoulder in the dark, walking in their own crap, meaning they get burns on there feet, they are grown in a way that makes them grow real fast, to dast infact. Their legs can not support their weight and break.

As for pigs, once they give birth they are put in a pen so tiny they cant even move, for many months the justificaton is so that they cant squahs their young if they rold over, depsite the fact that they get by just fine in fields outdoors.

The death may be quick and painless, but the life is litraly torture, if you where to put your cat through what these farm animals go thorugh, and the RSPCA found out, you could be in prision now.

I accept that many animals are poorly treated and I wish it wasn't happening. I don't know how to explain it other than some people are just plain cruel. I don't agree with bad treatment of animals in any situation, personally.
bunthulhu
I accept that many animals are poorly treated and I wish it wasn't happening. I don't know how to explain it other than some people are just plain cruel. I don't agree with bad treatment of animals in any situation, personally.

that sounds so much like a disclaimer!

"bunthulhu does not condone or in anyway agree with the mistreatment of animals" :p:
*titanium*
that sounds so much like a disclaimer!

"bunthulhu does not condone or in anyway agree with the mistreatment of animals" :p:

Haha yeah, that is now my official disclaimer. :biggrin:
Reply 95
bunthulhu
So? We as humans are lucky enough to have enough intelligence to distinguish between the two, and it's a shame if people are so idiotic that they still go round needlessly causing animals to suffer (by kicking cats, for example).

Huh? I still don't see why it is more acceptable to kill and eat an animal than it is to kick one.
TheVlad
Huh? I still don't see why it is more acceptable to kill and eat an animal than it is to kick one.

Maybe your brain is full.
Reply 97
TheVlad

Sorry to jump in unannounced, but i find it bizzare you stood by during the drowning of an innocent kitten, and yet seem to think the preservation of human life is wrong! Are you a vegie/vegan by any chance?
Is it OK to kick a dog?A human?No.It's not OK to kick a cat either.

On a related note....my cat was sleeping on my feet last night,I woke up and wasn't expecting him to be on my feet so I kicked out not knowing it was him...he went flying and landed in my laundry basket.Oops.
Why the hell would you want to kick a cat?

Latest

Trending

Trending