The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT [Subsidiary Route]

Hi,

In September I am going to this course, can someone that has previously done this course let me know the units that are going to be on the course

Thanks
Original post by Anton01
Hi,

In September I am going to this course, can someone that has previously done this course let me know the units that are going to be on the course

Thanks

Well, I can only speak for the mandatory units which is Unit 1/2 for the subsidiary diploma, for the rest you'll need to ask the tutors! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
contact your college and ask for the unit list, you can search each of the unit list titles online and access a pdf listing all the requirements for a pass/merit/distinction grade. dont worry about the actual content of the btec. as long as you hand in work on time correctly you will be fine. i know lots of smart people who did horribly because their organisational skills were poor
Reply 3
Original post by pinejuice
contact your college and ask for the unit list, you can search each of the unit list titles online and access a pdf listing all the requirements for a pass/merit/distinction grade. dont worry about the actual content of the btec. as long as you hand in work on time correctly you will be fine. i know lots of smart people who did horribly because their organisational skills were poor

Thanks for the helpful advice
Reply 4
Original post by Anton01
Hi,

Thanks

You have to do the compulsory units:
1- communication and employability for IT
2- Computer Systems
3- Information Systems

The other 3 are chosen by your college
Original post by yt7777
2- Computer Systems
3- Information Systems

I didn't think unit 3 - IS was compulsory for those on the subdip?
Reply 6
Original post by yt7777
2- Computer Systems
3- Information Systems

Thanks for the information
Reply 7
Original post by Binary Freak
I didn't think unit 3 - IS was compulsory for those on the subdip?

Oh not sure then, at my college the subsidiary diploma students do 1,2.3.42,7 and 31, I started on the subsidiary and changed to the extended when I did 3 again, I just thought 3 was compulsory
Reply 8
Original post by Anton01
Thanks for the information

No problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending