The Student Room Group

Help me improve my body!

I'm and 18 year old slim girl looking to improve my body. I'd prefer not to join a gym because I'm about to become a student and it's expensive for membership! i'm a dress size 10 and I want to tone up at home with some excerises and diet tips! For better, more specific advice I will pm a picture of me! Thanks so much!

Oh and I'm going to uni in three weeks so exercises that will make some form of difference before then would be fab!
You do realise you're just going to get lots of offers of 'advice'?
Reply 2
Original post by addylad
You do realise you're just going to get lots of offers of 'advice'?

I am looking for advice thats the point...
There aren't any magic 'toning' exercises. Toning is a combination of lowering body fat %, and increasing muscle mass to give you that 'defined' look.

Do you feel you need to lose fat?
If you want to lose weight track your calories using an app like Myfitnesspal and eat under your TDEE which you can calculate on websites like this http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
"
If you lose body fat and decrease your body fat percentage it will make you look more "toned" (a word I hate)
(edited 9 years ago)
See if your uni has a gym or an offer with a local gym. At mine we can get a years membership at the nearest gym for £50 a year, including swimming.
Reply 6
Original post by h3isenberg
There aren't any magic 'toning' exercises. Toning is a combination of lowering body fat %, and increasing muscle mass to give you that 'defined' look.

Do you feel you need to lose fat?

How do I lose body fat? :smile: although I don't necessarily want to become skinnier I tend to have some flab around my hips stomach and thighs that I would like to be decreased!
Reply 7
Compound lifts

Quick Reply

Latest