Anyone know where I can get past TMA papers of students

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Night Hawk
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
And their grades ?

For instance, this is an example of a grade 1 TMA, this is example of a grade 2 TMA etc etc.
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Night Hawk)
And their grades ?

For instance, this is an example of a grade 1 TMA, this is example of a grade 2 TMA etc etc.
No you can't get past TMA papers! They recycle the questions that's why they can't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BestProfileName
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lambert87)
No you can't get past TMA papers! They recycle the questions that's why they can't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't get them...officially...

But there are a lot of things you can get unofficially...
laalNick
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BestProfileName)

You can get past TMA questions off previous students sometimes and sometimes tutors do give them out but unless someone wants to share their answers to TMAs (which isn't allowed as may lead to plagiarism/similar questions being set) you'll only get the question set.
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And their grades ?

What's the subject/module anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Night Hawk
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by BestProfileName)

Feel free to pm where :cool:

------------

Nick and Lambert, i think there's a slight misunderstanding. Im not remotely interested in the questions, past, present, or future /I know questions change also etc (Im an experienced student). I am interested though in examples of various grades of TMA - essays/reports/investigations. Id like to read through them and compare/contrast them. If you know of anywhere online i can find good examples, full examples, let me know. Thanks.
laalNick
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Feel free to pm where :cool:

------------

Nick and Lambert, i think there's a slight misunderstanding. Im not remotely interested in the questions, past, present, or future /I know questions change also etc (Im an experienced student). I am interested though in examples of various grades of TMA - essays/reports/investigations. Id like to read through them and compare/contrast them. If you know of anywhere online i can find good examples, full examples, let me know. Thanks.
I don't think what you are wanting exists unless you ask your tutor and they supply you something along those lines.
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am interested though in examples of various grades of TMA - essays/reports/investigations. Id like to read through them and compare/contrast them. If you know of anywhere online i can find good examples, full examples, let me know. Thanks.
Last year I asked two different tutors for examples of good and poor quality Social Science essays. I had my head bitten off both times. I subsequently even tried to make it clear that a dummy question and answer would be of great help (e.g. "Discuss the pros and cons of using flavoured jelly in imposing order in goldfish society"), but got flat refusal and no interest.

Thankfully, just before I completed my final essay another student told me how an OU Social Science essay must be laid out (it is not obvious) and I got 92% for that one instead of my usual 40-45%.

However, if you Google the course code you will see plenty of TMA answers online. But, you cannot - with any confidence - find out what grades they got. Even those web sites that sell essay answers for plagiarism purposes cannot be trusted to be honest about the grades those papers really got so even they are of no use.

It is all very annoying, unhelpful, unfair and is my biggest complaint about the OU.
Radio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you can get in touch with a student from the previous sitting of your module they might be able to help you out. I've joined the Facebook group for the course I'm starting in October and someone kindly send me the PDFs of the textbooks and TMA booklet. Within the TMA booklet there is sometimes advice on what is expected in your answer and that can be useful as guidance. A good tutor will also give you feedback on how to make your next assignment better but sometimes it requires a little more coaxing for them to provide that kind of help!
jljarvis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Simes)
Last year I asked two different tutors for examples of good and poor quality Social Science essays. I had my head bitten off both times. I subsequently even tried to make it clear that a dummy question and answer would be of great help (e.g. "Discuss the pros and cons of using flavoured jelly in imposing order in goldfish society"), but got flat refusal and no interest.

Thankfully, just before I completed my final essay another student told me how an OU Social Science essay must be laid out (it is not obvious) and I got 92% for that one instead of my usual 40-45%.

However, if you Google the course code you will see plenty of TMA answers online. But, you cannot - with any confidence - find out what grades they got. Even those web sites that sell essay answers for plagiarism purposes cannot be trusted to be honest about the grades those papers really got so even they are of no use.

It is all very annoying, unhelpful, unfair and is my biggest complaint about the OU.
Hi, do you still have the info about how an OU social science essay must be laid out? That would make an incredible difference to me and be really helpful. Pleeeeeease
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads