Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else familar with TETRA masts on here? Tomorrow I have to get up at 6am because my boss is paying me £50 to stand at the train station and give out flyers protesting it and holding a meeting.

They said they wanted to put up a TETRA mast here for the police and we said no, planning permission got refused. Then they tried to put it up on the castle, we said no and planning permission was refused. We though it had gone away but a month ago a few of us were at the train station when we looked up and there was a brand new sticky uppy thing by the station. They put it up on private land that they had done a back hander for and there it was.

Its microwaves have been proven to cause all sorts of horrible things, it speeds up the growth of cancer cells, can cause stroke and in the short term causes migraines, rashes and nausea.

They are being put up for the police radios because the government sold the old police radio frequency to that stupid video mobile people for £26 BILLION!

Have you had any problems around your area with these things?

I'm all very happy for the police to be able to be in contact but it's ridiculous!!!

What are your views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)

Its microwaves have been proven to cause all sorts of horrible things, it speeds up the growth of cancer cells, can cause stroke and in the short term causes migraines, rashes and nausea.
    Of course, dear.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but loads of things which you expose yourself to every day do exactly the same. I'm sure lots more damaging chemicals and types of radiation etc. will be rooted out eventually - it doesn't mean they're not harmful, just that you don't know about it. I don't blame anyone for complaining about a great big mast though - especially if the people in charge of putting them up are so underhanded.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Maybe, but loads of things which you expose yourself to every day do exactly the same. I'm sure lots more damaging chemicals and types of radiation etc. will be rooted out eventually - it doesn't mean they're not harmful, just that you don't know about it. I don't blame anyone for complaining about a great big mast though - especially if the people in charge of putting them up are so underhanded.

Ben
    Plus is looks ****ing ugly.

Plus the government SOLD the radio waves for 26Billion and for some reason we have to pay even more tax despite that little extra pocket change

ReputationRep:
    Plus is looks ****ing ugly.

Plus the government SOLD the radio waves for 26Billion and for some reason we have to pay even more tax despite that little extra pocket change

Nice to see you've got some informed economic views there.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.