The Student Room Group

Do you think I have a shot at pharmacy?

Hi guys. So I just got my AS results this year on the 14th and came out with ABCD: A- Biology B- Chemistry C- English Lit D- Maths
I'm fully aware that they are not the best set of results at all, and that a minimum of BBB is required at the very least, but do you think I still have a chance at getting into pharmacy if I apply this year?
I'm dropping English so I may be predicted ABD at the worst, but I know that if I work hard I am fully capable of improving this as I slacked off soo much this year! However I also don't want to end up with no offers, so your honesty, advice and tips would be very much appreciated! Thanks(:
Original post by ajxthi
Hi guys. So I just got my AS results this year on the 14th and came out with ABCD: A- Biology B- Chemistry C- English Lit D- Maths
I'm fully aware that they are not the best set of results at all, and that a minimum of BBB is required at the very least, but do you think I still have a chance at getting into pharmacy if I apply this year?
I'm dropping English so I may be predicted ABD at the worst, but I know that if I work hard I am fully capable of improving this as I slacked off soo much this year! However I also don't want to end up with no offers, so your honesty, advice and tips would be very much appreciated! Thanks(:

You will be okay if you can get predicted ABB. In doing so, I would advise you to resit all of your Maths modules in order to help you achieve at least a B overall at the end. It may also be a good idea to resit your worst Chemistry module.
Reply 2
Original post by thegodofgod
You will be okay if you can get predicted ABB. In doing so, I would advise you to resit all of your Maths modules in order to help you achieve at least a B overall at the end. It may also be a good idea to resit your worst Chemistry module.

Thanks, I am definitely resitting my worst chemistry module and two of my maths modules as I got a really high B in C1 but really bad grades in C2 and S1. Do you think I should resit C1 as well? That will be four papers I am resitting
Original post by ajxthi
Thanks, I am definitely resitting my worst chemistry module and two of my maths modules as I got a really high B in C1 but really bad grades in C2 and S1. Do you think I should resit C1 as well? That will be four papers I am resitting

C1 won't require much work at all, given that you'll be resitting C2 and doing C3 and C4 too. It will help bump up your UMS, so that will mean that you'll have less pressure for the A2 Maths modules.
Reply 4
Original post by thegodofgod
C1 won't require much work at all, given that you'll be resitting C2 and doing C3 and C4 too. It will help bump up your UMS, so that will mean that you'll have less pressure for the A2 Maths modules.

Yeah I see your point, as C1 is quite a soft module. I think I'll probably be retaking that as well then, 11 exams in total:frown: Thank you so much for the advice though!
Original post by ajxthi
Yeah I see your point, as C1 is quite a soft module. I think I'll probably be retaking that as well then, 11 exams in total:frown: Thank you so much for the advice though!

No worries, hope that helped!
hi everyone, i have just started my second year of a levels and im really really worried about applying to university with my grades.
in GCSE i got 5 A's, 1A* and 5 B's.
in my As results i got
Biology- C- (i got a C in my unit 1 and a B in my coursework and a B in my unit 2 so im retaking unit 1)
Chemistry- D (in unit 1 i got a B, coursework i got a B and then i nearly failed my Unit 2 -the big exam which brought my whole grade down so im retaking unit 2 with my A2 exams)
English Literature- C (retaking the coursework to get a B overall and have dropped this subject this year)
History- B ( a few marks off an A)
do you think i should apply this year and to which universities?
i think this year my predictions will be ABB-BBB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending