DaniilKaya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
From 2011 till few month back, Europe and America were criticizing Putin for arming legimitive Syrian government that were fighting against "the opposition" (the terrorists) that were getting armed by Europe and America.There is a video with Putin and Cameron having the discussion about it and showing their positions. (Just type on YouTube:Putin and Cameron about Syria)Now European media and UN finally showed to the people what these terrorists(that they were arming) do, telling what they've done to the American journalist.My question is why Europeans for centuries prejudice Russia?Why there is so much hate against Russian position on the international arena?Why Europeans were gradually developing anti Russian public opinion through James Bond and other films and it's not only the films but using other media resources.Maybe the rudiment of colonial thinking is the problem of Europe(America)?
pol pot noodles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A government loses it's legitimacy when it's people stop supporting it. All those protests in Syria in 2011 weren't happening because the Syrian people were happy with the al-Assad regime. The opposition is split into many different factions, ranging from the Free Syrian Army which the West has a favourable opinion towards, to ISIS which the West has never supported.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.38%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.38%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
46.88%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (6)
18.75%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads