aerot26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I will begin this year to study the as-levels self-taught. I have a question (it may be a stupid inquiry, but I am not British and I know the system well) I have seen that history has many books, unit 1 has 1a, 1b, 1c to 1n.
There are many books, I have to study all ?? Also I study Sociology and Government and policies. Please can anyone tell me what books I need?

Thank you
iheartdjokovic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For AQA AS History you need to take one unit with a '1' in the title and one with a '2' in the title. Beyond that (as far as I'm aware) you can choose whichever you like.
tomfailinghelp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No you don't mate, you have to study one letter from Unit 1, for example I studied 1F. You also have to study one letter from Unit 2, for example I studied 2P.

These are the two units you have to study for AS level. You can choose any letter you like, so long as you make one choice in Unit 1 and one choice in Unit 2.

Is that clear?
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A-Level distance learning providers usually list the most suitable textbooks for each subject.

You can go to NEC (also type A-Levels) for instance and take a look at what they would suggest. Make sure though that the books they recommend have been created for the board you're interested in!

Hope this helped a bit. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with anything else. Been there myself so I know exactly what it feels like!

EDIT: The boards themselves have suggested resources on their websites along with the specification. Definitely worth checking out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
aerot26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you very much!! Now I get it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads