Why is there such pressure on the PCC responsible for Rotherham to resign? Watch

RtGOAT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Why can't he just be fired?

He is responsible for either gross negligence or conspiracy to cover up child sex abuse.

So why is Theresa May et al. calling for him to resign surely he should be sacked.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They'll give him the chance to walk before being pushed I'm guessing.

There's no way he'll keep his job, surely.
ZOG destroyer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So people will feel like justice has been served and forget about this.I'll only forget about it when their blood has been spilled. Bring back the death penalty.
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
his position as PCC is to a degree irrelevant , the key fact here is that he was a senior manager in Rotherham's children and families social services at the time of these alleged offences and by virtue of that he is deemed unsuitable to hold the post,. had these offences come to light eariler it'salsmost certain he wouldn;t have become PCC.
sadguy82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He was elected by the people of South Yorkshire, he can't be fired by anyone. That's democracy. Ultimately it's up to the people of South Yorkshire to get rid of him. Cameron, Miliband et al can air their views but they don't really matter. I'm not sure there is actually any mechanism to remove him anyway.
caravaggio2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you remember the scene in Monty Pythons the life of Brian, where Brian writes Romans Go Home in 12ft letters all around the Forum?
I am amazed thay no enraged voting taxpayer hasnt sprayed Shameless in 12ft letters all around the council offices where he works.😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads