Turn on thread page Beta

This was first displayed on general chat!
    But I dont know why all neglect this thread?although this thread has the realities after the war on iraq!

Falluja:On the edge of Iraq's western desert,Falluja is extremly arid but has been rendered into an agricultural area by extensive irrigation.A town of Wide streets and squat,sand-coloured buildings.its population is primarily farmers.
    We(Reporters) were in Falluja during "ceasefire" .
    This is what we saw and heard.
    When the assault on Falluja started,the power plant was bombed.Electricity is provided by generators and usually reserved for places with important functions.We were in hospital which was more an emergency clinic.But with the hospital frantically busy and no one help for our translation,we depend on Makki al-Nazzal,a lifelong falluja resident who works for the humanitarian NGO,Intrsos,and had been pressed into service as the manager of the clinic.
    A gentle,urbane man spoke fluent English,Al-Nazzal was beside himself with fury at the Americans' actions. With the 'cease-fire',large scale bombing was rare.The Americans were attacking with large artillery but primarily with "snipers" .
    Al-Nazzal told us about ambulance being hit by snipers,women and children being shot.Describing the horror that the siege of Falluja had become,
    he said"I have been a fool for 47-years.I used to believe in Europen & American civilisation."
    I had heard these claims before coming into Falluja,but was sceptical.However,this I saw for myself.An ambulance with two neat,precise bullet-holes in the windshield on the driver's side,pointing towards down at an angle that they would hit driver's chest(the sniper's were on rooftops and are trianed to hit the chest).Another ambulance again with a single,neat bullet-hole in the windshield.There's no way this was due to panicked spraying of fire.These were deliberated shots designed to kill the drivers
    During the course of the roughly four hours we were at that small clinic,we saw perhaps a dozen wounded bought in.Among them was a young woman,18 years old,shot in the head.She was seizing and foaming at the mouth;doctors did not expect her to survive the night..Another likely terminal case was a young boy with massive internal bleeding.I(reporter) also saw a man with extensive burns on his upper body and shredded thighs,with wounds that could have been from a cluster bomb;there was no way to verify in the madhouse scene of wailing relatives,shouts of "Allahu Akbar"(God is great),and anger at the americans
    .Among the more laughable assertions of the Bush administration is that the Mujahideen;are a small group of isolated "extremists" repudiated by the majority of Falluja's population.Nothing could be farther from the truth.Of course,the mujahideens don't include women or very young children(we saw an 11-year old boy with a Kalashnikov,type of gun),old men and not necessarily even a majority of fighting age men.But they are of the community and fully supported by it.Many of the wounded were brought in by Muj and they stood around openly conversing with doctors and others.
    Al-Nazzal told me that the people of Falluja refused to resist the Americans just because Saddam told them to;indeed,the fighting for Falluja last year was not particularly fierce.He said,"If Saddam said work,we would want to take off three days.But the Americans had to cast us as Saddam supporters.When he was captured,they said(americans) the resistance would die down,but even as it has increased,they still call us that."
    A special forces colonel in the Vietnam war said of the town,Ben Tre,"We had to destroy the town,in order to save it"-the statement encapsulated Vietnam war.The same is true in Iraq today-Falluja cannot be "saved" from its mujahideens unless its destroyed.(Coutesy:-Times of India)
    Now some1 wud plz tell me that :-Is this a war against terror or people? :mad:
    Which was told to us! .

ReputationRep:
    Of course it isn't a war against terror. It is just George Dubya crusading against the man who snubbed the nose of his daddy. His admistration simply used the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to get it all started. The US and all supporting countries had no right to start that war, if you can call it a war at all, rather bullying. The reasons stated for the war have all been proven false. It has nothing to do with terror. The only terror is being conducted by the US and all followers. If you begin talking about the Spain and Bali bombings, then you must realise that they were feeble retaliations against the stronger bully. Hence they were directed elsewhere, where the bully has less power to offer a reprisal.

ReputationRep:
    "[Saddam Hussein] has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours" - Colin Powell 2001

"We are able to keep arms from [Saddam]. His military forces have not been rebuilt?" - Condoleeza Rice 2001

Don't know about you, but that seems a pretty big shift in opinion. There's definitely more to this "War on Terror" than WMD - and I smell oil.

ReputationRep:
    what are the American/ Iraqi death figures? anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    what are the American/ Iraqi death figures? anyone know?
    Here you go: http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

All those people killed for a geo-political advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Here you go: http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

All those people killed for a geo-political advantage.
    and how many americans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    and how many americans?
    I wouldn't believe that site, how can you trust what iraqi civilians say to you about the death count

ReputationRep:
    The Americans should have givem everyone a day to get out of the town and then blown it up, if you stay you die if you leave you live. Thats would have been a lot easier then useless talks with a bunch of fundamentalists who don't care about anything except killing infidels

ReputationRep:
    Think about what Saddam did to his people. That was much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    America should have left him in power, he kept them in line

ReputationRep:
    American forces cannot peacekeep. they can beat two shades of crap out of an enemy but when its comes to diplomacy and conciliation (spl?) they are incompetent. compare british controled basra to american controlled Falluja.

ReputationRep:
    you should remember this war really wasn't a humanitarian mission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I wouldn't believe that site, how can you trust what iraqi civilians say to you about the death count
    Then you need to acquaint yourself with their methodology before making comments.

Your point? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Then you need to acquaint yourself with their methodology before making comments.

Your point?
    Tell me then, what is their methodology seeing as how you are obviously the expert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Tell me then, what is their methodology seeing as how you are obviously the expert
    Alternatively you could just read it for yourself:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/background.htm#methods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Alternatively you could just read it for yourself:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/background.htm#methods
    Well now that I have read it I will just say what i should have from the start, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Well now that I have read it I will just say what i should have from the start, who cares?
    Quite.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle6010.htm (warning: explicit content bla bla bla)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    America should have left him in power, he kept them in line
    keeping in line=killing sports players when they didn't win? Gassing is own people?

ReputationRep:
    Building water pipeline from turkey to tel aviv? Building the mosul to haifa oil pipeline? Thats what Haliburton and the US army corps of engineers are doing as we speak. Watch the news soon, you`ll see this is true. They`ll say these lines already existed, but you know better than that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    Building water pipeline from turkey to tel aviv? Building the mosul to haifa oil pipeline? Thats what Haliburton and the US army corps of engineers are doing as we speak. Watch the news soon, you`ll see this is true. They`ll say these lines already existed, but you know better than that right?
    maybe i missed something, but what are you on about?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.