The Student Room Group

Will Pharmacy open a lot of doors?

I'm having second thoughts about taking pharmacy at Uni this year! I'm just not a person suitable to work in a hospital/community pharmacy, it's just not what I want to do in my life. If you do pharmacy, can you work in other fields? For example, teaching in high school, journalism or publishing, woking with money etc.
Should I change it to something like maths?
Original post by buzzybee143
I'm having second thoughts about taking pharmacy at Uni this year! I'm just not a person suitable to work in a hospital/community pharmacy, it's just not what I want to do in my life. If you do pharmacy, can you work in other fields? For example, teaching in high school, journalism or publishing, working with money etc.
Should I change it to something like maths?

Hi,

With a Pharmacy degree you can go into research which will either be academic or industry based.
You can also teach Chemistry as well, due to the nature of the degree.
I believe you can do Journalism but that will be difficult I would have thought.
I am not sure about working with money??
You can also work for food companies as a chemist.
Also many people seem to forget that this exists, but you can become a veterinary Pharmacist.

Also remember that if you have a degree, you are able to become manager of Shops as you would have acquired many skills during your degree which are essential for a managerial job.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending