The Student Room Group

Your first time should be with someone you love - DISCUSS

Poll

Should the first time you have sex be with someone you love?

Doesn't matter if you are a virgin or not.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by King Max

At this moment in my life, I agree. Maybe not necessarily love, but someone you want to loose it with and not doing it to loose it.
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaNick
i forgot what sex is, HELP?! :eek:

Something you won't get if you troll like this.
I think it depends entirely on the person. Do they think they'll remember it, will it have any meaning? For those who really don't care then do it with whoever, for those that think it's special etc wait.
I've said this in the other thread, but here it is again.

My first time will be with someone who I truly love. This is why I'm not seeking to pull random people in a club and get an ONS.
Reply 5
something you won't get if you create philosophical threads like this on a student forum :rolleyes:

You're not a very nice person are you?
I lost my virginity to somebody I didn't love when I was too young, and it's my biggest regret.
Reply 7
you were the one who said i wont get sex first ^_^

I know sorry love xx
Perspective of someone who is in love and hasn't had sex yet: I think the intensity of being with someone you love will make it better than if you're with someone you don't love, and you want someone who will be compassionate and understanding so that it's good for you both. But I can also kinda see the appeal of doing it as a one night stand to take the pressure off and have some experience for when you meet someone you love...Personally, I don't think it *has* to be with someone you love but I think it's best if it is.
It should definitely be with someone who you are comfortable with.
Reply 10
lol no, don't know why losing your virginity is such a big deal to some people
It all depends on your personal relationship with sex and sexuality. I don't agree with the affirmative viewpoint personally and don't really care; others see it as an important life event to be shared with someone special to you - and that's fine, too. Not everyone sees sex the same way, and it's up to us to make our own decisions about our sex lives and our view of sexuality. :smile:
Reply 12
6rep

Original post by King Max

I think its your choice. No matter whether you did it with a person you love or you did it to get it over with, it is your body and at the same time you have to think about the consequences (a good memory or lifelong regret etc.)
Original post by Mr...
I think this is completely right... You don't want to lose your virginity with someone who you will end up hating/forgetting :yep:

Exactly :smile: I won't judge someone who does otherwise, but I'll wonder if they regret it ><
It should be with someone you're comfortable with and trust. It doesn't have to be with someone you truly love.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
It all depends on your personal relationship with sex and sexuality. I don't agree with the affirmative viewpoint personally and don't really care; others see it as an important life event to be shared with someone special to you - and that's fine, too. Not everyone sees sex the same way, and it's up to us to make our own decisions about our sex lives and our view of sexuality. :smile:

This pretty much hits the nail on the head for me. :grin:

I'm of the mindset - these days - that it really doesn't matter all that much (maybe I'm a cynic!). I used to want the whole shebang when it came to my first time. As it happens, it didn't work out like that and to say I 'don't much care for the guy' would be a huge understatement.
Yes. As a teenage boy, it kinda makes me sad, how some guys will throw themselves at any girl to get laid, even if they think the girl is ugly as sin.
Reply 18
Original post by andrew2209
Yes. As a teenage boy, it kinda makes me sad, how some guys will throw themselves at any girl to get laid, even if they think the girl is ugly as sin.

Only need to watch jeremy kyle to see this is true. These 18 year old chavs who are skinny as a skeleton and are with absolute land whales :wink:
Reply 19
It should be with whoever you want it to be with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending