The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

is uel a decent university?

for biosciences degree's? its overall ranking is bad but the biochem ranking is higher than mdx and westminister i think
I'm not sure that this is the case.
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
If your idea of decent is catching diseases in those overcrowded and dirty conditions then sure, go ahead.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm not sure that this is the case.

so i'm guessing you mean to say that its bad..
Original post by tarmaclover
If your idea of decent is catching diseases in those overcrowded and dirty conditions then sure, go ahead.

but if the university is that bad, why is it still a university?
Original post by TheGameOfScience
but if the university is that bad, why is it still a university?

If I use that flawed logic then why does Israel exist even though it is a terrorist state and why is Wales considered a part of the UK and not an independent sheep state?

It exists because the government refuses to do anything about them and wants to send any tom, dick and harry to university.
Original post by A321
Yes it's right at the bottom of the league tables so doesn't have a great reputation.
However, I've just completed my third for Biomed at UEL and will be starting as a trainee in a NHS lab soon. Alot of other people on my course have also managed to get a place for grad entry med and MSc courses. Unless you go to somewhere like Oxford or Cambridge, employers really don't care as long as you graduate with a first or 2:1. So I can definitely say it really isn't as bad as people make out, especially on TSR. :rolleyes: Most of the lecturers are really helpful too. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for replying! since you do biomed and have studied at uel a long time your the perfect person to ask questions thanks for offering me to pm you:smile: why is the reputation so bad for uel are the labs good?
Original post by tarmaclover
If I use that flawed logic then why does Israel exist even though it is a terrorist state and why is Wales considered a part of the UK and not an independent sheep state?

It exists because the government refuses to do anything about them and wants to send any tom, dick and harry to university.

thats a good point...
A university is a university is a university. Asking this question on TSR is like asking the Queen of England what her favourite Tesco Value crisp is. They're still crisps, they're still good crisps, but people will talk **** about them because they're cheap.

Yes, UEL is near the bottom of the league table, but it's still a uni, and a good one at that. If you look at the specific subject tables you can see that UEL beats a lot of supposedly "better" universities.

Generally the people who talk **** about it are those who know nothing about it -- they either haven't attended it or they don't know anyone who has so they've yet to hear positive stories about the uni. I've had family and friends go to UEL so I know it's nowhere near as bad as people (especially those on TSR) think.

If you want a less biased view than the one you'll be getting on here post the question on r/unitedkingdom on Reddit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
A university is a university is a university. Asking this question on TSR is like asking the Queen of England what her favourite Tesco Value crisp is. They're still crisps, they're still good crisps, but people will talk **** about them because they're cheap.

Yes, UEL is near the bottom of the league table, but it's still a uni, and a good one at that. If you look at the specific subject tables you can see that UEL beats a lot of supposedly "better" universities.

Generally the people who talk **** about it are those who know nothing about it -- they either haven't attended it or they don't know anyone who has so they've yet to hear positive stories about the uni. I've had family and friends go to UEL so I know it's nowhere near as bad as people (especially those on TSR) think.

If you want a less biased view than the one you'll be getting on here post the question on r/unitedkingdom on Reddit.

you do have a point!! but why is it ranked so low? do employers even care about the university you attended? did any of your family study science, more specifically the biochem course? i need to go on reddit asap, thanks for replying!
Hi guys. Could one of you guys message me please. Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending