Fancy setting up an atheist/secularist/humanist/etc society?

Watch
emmabell42
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

My name's Emma and I'm the Greater London Regional Development Officer from the National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secularist Student Societies (AHS). I'm also the Chair of Imperial College Atheists, Secularists and Humanists.

Up until this year there was a thriving AHS society at Queen Mary that hosted talks, debates and socials, but unfortunately the society has now dissolved. Is anyone here interested in reviving it? Setting up a society is really easy and the AHS has a lot of resources to help, including society running guides, a speakers directory, advice from those of us who've started societies all over the UK and ROI, the AHS grants scheme which allows you guys to apply for money up to £300 to run events and putting on the AHS convention and AGM for member societies to come to throughout the year.

If anyone has any questions or would like some help getting things off the ground drop me a pm <email removed by mod>
Thanks,

Emma
deatheater4134
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by emmabell42)
Hello,

My name's Emma and I'm the Greater London Regional Development Officer from the National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secularist Student Societies (AHS). I'm also the Chair of Imperial College Atheists, Secularists and Humanists.

Up until this year there was a thriving AHS society at Queen Mary that hosted talks, debates and socials, but unfortunately the society has now dissolved. Is anyone here interested in reviving it? Setting up a society is really easy and the AHS has a lot of resources to help, including society running guides, a speakers directory, advice from those of us who've started societies all over the UK and ROI, the AHS grants scheme which allows you guys to apply for money up to £300 to run events and putting on the AHS convention and AGM for member societies to come to throughout the year.

If anyone has any questions or would like some help getting things off the ground drop me a pm <email removed by mod>
Thanks,

Emma

Hi - I'm joining Queen Mary to study History and Politics in September but also think such an project is worth much time and effort - it may be too late for Christopher Hitchns :/ :'( , but itd be good to have Sam Harris, Daniel Dennet and Dawkins over for a period!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads