Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi every1

im in the middle of my gcse physics coursework "how does the resistance of a wire change when you hange the length" and i was wondering how you plot the graph .should i plot both voltage against current and length against resistance or just one of them?

tia xx.xx

ReputationRep:
    Plot the resistance vs. length graph, should yield a straight line showing resistance is directly proportional to length. There's not much point in plotting the other one, if you're investigating how the resistance depends on the length, as it doesn't really tell you much.

ReputationRep:
    Plot the graph of PD with Current first, use the proportion to show its resistance. Then plot the graph of different lengths against Current

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.