Turn on thread page Beta

Korea train crash?? what exactly happened? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    True. GWB would have his finger on the big red button before he could say "Where's Korea anyway?"
    But i would ask why should america have these weapons, but get so angry at other nations having them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Why would they test a nuclear bomb in their own country it doesn't make sense. By the way could you tranlate your signature for me, i haven't got my head around it.
    im not serious, but if they did need to test, do you think anywhere would let them? I really dont think Kim gives a crap about his people or his land anyway.
    They're both proverbs, best translated as - "you dont look you dont get" and "by candlelight there are no ugly women" hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But i would ask why should america have these weapons, but get so angry at other nations having them.
    Is it because America is worried about these types of weapons being under the control of basket case countries like North Korea?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, 3000 people, sure I remember that figure from somewhere.

Interesting to see quite how much coverage The Sun et al have given to this comparatively. What page did they put it on, again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Hmmm, 3000 people, sure I remember that figure from somewhere.

Interesting to see quite how much coverage The Sun et al have given to this comparatively. What page did they put it on, again?
    According to yahoo it's now 150, and not 3000.

Bottom of page 3 btw. Beneath the girl with the huge pair of Bristles ........coooooorrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Is it because America is worried about these types of weapons being under the control of basket case countries like North Korea?
    Thats strange. I thought the world was more frightened about the worlds most powerful armed forces being under the basket case leadership of George W!

ReputationRep:
    According to yahoo it's now 150, and not 3000.
    Ah yes, but it was 3000 when they went to print.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me why yesterday and this morning the number reported to have died was 3000? I've now just got home from college with the typically patronising happy/sad BBC News 24 presenters telling me that "150 reported dead"?

Theres a big difference there, and no news channels seem to be explaining the great discrepancy between initial figures and the newly reported figures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Ah yes, but it was 3000 when they went to print.
    Well happily 2850 have since been found alive and well after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Can someone explain to me why yesterday and this morning the number reported to have died was 3000? I've now just got home from college with the typically patronising happy/sad BBC News 24 presenters telling me that "150 reported dead"?

Theres a big difference there, and no news channels seem to be explaining the great discrepancy between initial figures and the newly reported figures.
    Either because N.Korea simply revised it's previous figure to minimize the bad publicity surrounding the disaster (N.Korea doesn't like to be under the world gaze) or because N.Koreans are inummerate.

ReputationRep:
    Thats strange. I thought the world was more frightened about the worlds most powerful armed forces being under the basket case leadership of George W!
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.
    It was a joke dear.

ReputationRep:
    i heard on the news that Kim Jong Ill has just been through that station the same day. Maybe it was a poorly timed assassination attempt :eek:

(Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
    how many trains crashed that 3000 people died???
    y dont they want to tell us anything??
    Both trains collided on each other and unfortunately both were carrying explosive materials like oil etc.This caused a huge explosion and the town(area) around that site was converted into cremation ground!

ReputationRep:
    It was a joke dear.
    You're too quick for me.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.