German Native Speaker- would this affect my UCAS points? Watch

anilmg98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
I'm planning to study German for my A-level, however as I'm a native speaker it will be really easy for me . At University I want to do a course related to French and German, or Translation ( German ). Will the university take my German A-level as a proper A-level ( as I'm a native speaker) ? In other words would this affect my UCAS points?
MarvelAgent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi anilmh

I am in a very similar situation as you, I am an native speaker in Chinese and I took A-level Chinese....
From my experience as an medical applicants (I am not sure whether that is applicable to languages course) majority of university will not discriminate native speaker taking A-level in their own language and it definitely won't effect your UCAS points.
However a few university (e.g. Bath) have stated in their entry requirements that A-levels that are intended for non-native speaker will not be acceped when taken by native speakers.

I hope that is helpful, I am sorry that I can't be much help, as I did not applied for language courses at uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (88)
24.51%
No (271)
75.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed