Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Russian forces have invaded Ukraine, as pro-Russian separatists are taking over ports. Why is no-one on TSR talking about this?

geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No idea. It's sad that the world is standing by doing nothing while crazy Putin is staging an invasion. Everyone knew this would happen if we relied on Russian gas, but no one would admit it.
Malorys ballsack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
EU. Nato and UN have been proven to be utterly useless institutions costing enormous amounts of money. All talk no action.
Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cuz Mother RUSSIAAAAAA
bubadeeboop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is why we can't have nice things...
Arkasia
Rep:
?
(Original post by geoking)
No idea. It's sad that the world is standing by doing nothing while crazy Putin is staging an invasion. Everyone knew this would happen if we relied on Russian gas, but no one would admit it.
Exactly this.

(Original post by Malorys ballsack)
EU. Nato and UN have been proven to be utterly useless institutions costing enormous amounts of money. All talk no action.
The League of Nations showed that a multi-national organisation tasked with peace-keeping on a global scale can never work. Hell, even the recent Captain America movie mirrored that.
ZOG destroyer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Western media have been silent on the Ukrainian army slaughtering hundreds of civilians in eastern Ukraine that is largely pro-Russian people. Let them vote and decide if they want to part of Russia or Ukraine or even independent. Oh wait they did but Democracy is not recognized when it goes against their interests.
geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZOG destroyer)
Western media have been silent on the Ukrainian army slaughtering hundreds of civilians in eastern Ukraine that is largely pro-Russian people. Let them vote and decide if they want to part of Russia or Ukraine or even independent. Oh wait they did but Democracy is not recognized when it goes against their interests.
Do you have ANY evidence for that that isn't straight from Russia Today? Oh wait, no, you have nothing. And quit with the ridiculous "western media" bs. Reuters, Al Jazeera etc aren't reporting any massacres so it is just the state-backed news stations in Russia that are doing this amazing "reporting".

Well remember the 92% turnout vote in Crimea? Yeah, anyone can make up the results of a vote, and that's exactly what Putin would do. If they want to be independent, you don't need tanks and a gun to do so, unless Scotland is turning into a war zone??
LickingCarpet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I came on here thinking there would be a massive thread on this, i'm amazed no one is interested in whats going on.
intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good the west has been to cocky and weak. This world belongs to the strong and Ukraine was always Russian anyway
the_human_oreo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sometimes I wonder if we should just get rid of all our current world leaders, lets face it they're all pretty ****ing **** at doing anything decent.
93jm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
some of there paratroopers were captured the other day and they said they were there by accident witch seems unlikely
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's just part of the games called the world domination 1&2. They used the media to brainwash people around the world. Just enjoy watching the games, dude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
James222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone is far too worried about a few gang members from London going to Syria to fight a Dictator who has killed 200,000 people and doing their best to conflate that with ISIS killing christians at point blank range.

Lets whip up fear and panic to pass new laws that destroy democracy,when the current laws are just fine and mi6 have the tools to deal with threats as they emerge. You cant preemptively tackle terrorism nor can you profile future terrorists.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Surely that means we should be allowed to firebomb them, and then say to Russia "oh but you said you weren't in there so how could it be you?"

I'm still shocked we've done nothing after the Russian state-supported murder of over 190 Dutch people, and several from various other countries including Malaysia, the UK and Australia.
Malorys ballsack
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you have ANY evidence for that that isn't straight from Russia Today? Oh wait, no, you have nothing. And quit with the ridiculous "western media" bs. Reuters, Al Jazeera etc aren't reporting any massacres so it is just the state-backed news stations in Russia that are doing this amazing "reporting".

Well remember the 92% turnout vote in Crimea? Yeah, anyone can make up the results of a vote, and that's exactly what Putin would do. If they want to be independent, you don't need tanks and a gun to do so, unless Scotland is turning into a war zone??
To be honest 92% isn't that bad if they are led to believe Kiev are fascists who will kill them like the Nazis not to mention a lot of these people identify as Russian.

Look here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/europe/civilian-death-toll-rise-in-ukraine.html?_r=0
Malorys ballsack
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
Surely that means we should be allowed to firebomb them, and then say to Russia "oh but you said you weren't in there so how could it be you?"

I'm still shocked we've done nothing after the Russian state-supported murder of over 190 Dutch people, and several from various other countries including Malaysia, the UK and Australia.
Surely you mean manslaughter? You can't possibly think the Russians intentionally murdered these people.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
(Original post by LickingCarpet)
I came on here thinking there would be a massive thread on this, i'm amazed no one is interested in whats going on.
I know :/ There are usually dozens or hundreds of responses on each AMA thread, but actual news? No-one cares.
geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Malorys ballsack)
To be honest 92% isn't that bad if they are led to believe Kiev are fascists who will kill them like the Nazis not to mention a lot of these people identify as Russian.

Look here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/europe/civilian-death-toll-rise-in-ukraine.html?_r=0
Well if Russia wasn't destabilizing the country, no one would be dying...
Malorys ballsack
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well if Russia wasn't destabilizing the country, no one would be dying...
The country was destabilized by the unconstitutional coup. How many of these people voted for the president?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
62.16%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
21.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.22%

Watched Threads