Freshers wristband and mackinder Watch

TheFuture1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
'If you are a part of Bridges Hall, St. Georges Hall or Wantage Hall your Carnival Freshers’ Ball Ticket will be included in your Freshers wristband.

If you are not, you will need to purchase one online, this event is not included in your wristband.'

Just wondering why this price is included in some wristbands and not others? £15 extra is quite a bit seeing as iv already paid the £45 for the band?

Also there are two parties on the date mackinder people arrive (if we all arrive on the 21st), just wondering what most people are going to? (people from mackinder)
There is one at matchbox for mackinder people only (i believe this is included in the JCR fees), and a bigger one for all students which is the beach party one?(not covered by band or JCR)

Thanks for any reply
Thatstudentdude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure why the Carnival Ball ticket is included in these halls' wristbands. I'm thinking maybe they have a larger JCR fee allowance or something. I remember last year I had to buy my Fresher's Ball ticket seperately though from my wristband.

As for the 21st, the Beach Party is at the union. I'd say go to that because literally everyone will go to the welcome party there and it was so good last year to meet everyone from all over the place! The union is always fun aswell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Reading
    Master's Lunch Postgraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (181)
32.55%
The paper was reasonable (273)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (61)
10.97%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.37%

Watched Threads