How can I be a better talker in conversations? Watch

Gracelaura
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I have most definitely got my Dad's gene of not being particularly good at conversation....I never know what to say to someone so I always find myself saying "yeah" all the time...please help
lamp-y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ask questions, have strong open body language, smile, occasionally say funny/outrageous things, don't be afraid to gossip (but don't do it maliciously)
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is the same for me. Lol.
Autistic Merit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would also appreciate advice on this. I find small group situations the most difficult (where there's between 4 or 10 people) as I never feel that I have anything important enough to say so I just let everyone else speak while I listen.
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got drunk, I speak a **** load when drunk, I adapted this into my everyday life to be able to talk a lot more (not as much as drunk, as I baffle useless **** anyway)

worked for me, might work for you.
Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just laugh and agree. Wait and think of something funny to say, aint that hard
Dima-Blackburn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is something I struggle with everyday since the topics I like to talk about are usually not popular, so I sit their quietly in the fear that if I open my mouth, I'll ruin everyone's mood.
S-man10
Report 5 years ago
I have a good resource i could suggest. Anyone interested feel free to PM. I know you wont be disappointed.

(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
This is something I struggle with everyday since the topics I like to talk about are usually not popular, so I sit their quietly in the fear that if I open my mouth, I'll ruin everyone's mood.
Topics like?
Dima-Blackburn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Topics like?
Topics like DC vs Marvel, video-games, mythology and futurism. For some reason, I don't like talking about current events in the news and/or gossiping about mutual friends
silentshadows
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
I have a good resource i could suggest. Anyone interested feel free to PM. I know you wont be disappointed.

Topics like?
Any chance you could drop me a PM about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
S-man10
Report 5 years ago
Topics like DC vs Marvel, video-games, mythology and futurism. For some reason, I don't like talking about current events in the news and/or gossiping about mutual friends
Thats easy. Obviously its not a common thing but it only means that you should put yourself in a place where you are able to speak about such things. Comic book shops for example or gaming society at university

Another thing maybe that you need to speak to a few people before you find some. That is the problem. They are like you. They want to but like you they wait and think no one else wants to speak to them on such topics

(Original post by silentshadows)
Any chance you could drop me a PM about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said feel free to PM. So go ahead. You should have done it by now
lNurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can I be your friend??? I haven't read the comics, but watched the movies, recently became fan of marvel, finished all the recent (decent) movies, now will start to watch all the batman, superman, to see the difference, cannot believe I missed out so much by not watching all the movies on time
Dima-Blackburn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lNurl)
Can I be your friend??? I haven't read the comics, but watched the movies, recently became fan of marvel, finished all the recent (decent) movies, now will start to watch all the batman, superman, to see the difference, cannot believe I missed out so much by not watching all the movies on time
Of course you can be my friend

I don't read too many comic books, but if I had to recommend something from DC it'd have to be All-Star Superman or Flashpoint. If you don't want to read, check out the animated versions on Youtube or something.

Although Superman is my favourite, I must admit Marvel are completely dominating DC in terms of live-action movies. IMO, the Dark Knight trilogy is overrated and Man of Steel just didn't live up to the hype. But I won't spoil anything for you
lNurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course you can be my friend

I don't read too many comic books, but if I had to recommend something from DC it'd have to be All-Star Superman or Flashpoint. If you don't want to read, check out the animated versions on Youtube or something.

Although Superman is my favourite, I must admit Marvel are completely dominating DC in terms of live-action movies. IMO, the Dark Knight trilogy is overrated and Man of Steel just didn't live up to the hype. But I won't spoil anything for you
Honestly I don't have time to read at all. And I'm watching the movies on my way to work. I can't explain how exciting it was to watch all the marvel series on the train...
Unfortunately, nothing more to watch, today watched Captain Phillips (even thou its not marvel or DC), I guess gonna be batman for tomorrow
Dima-Blackburn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lNurl)
Honestly I don't have time to read at all. And I'm watching the movies on my way to work. I can't explain how exciting it was to watch all the marvel series on the train...
Unfortunately, nothing more to watch, today watched Captain Phillips (even thou its not marvel or DC), I guess gonna be batman for tomorrow
I'm sure you'll enjoy Batman, especially the first one. But when you have the time, check out Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox animated movie. Here's a short clip from the movie:
lNurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure you'll enjoy Batman, especially the first one. But when you have the time, check out Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox animated movie. Here's a short clip from the movie:
On my phone,will check it tomorrow, but I love animated movies.. Thanks a looot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%