The Student Room Group

ill health and applying to sixth form

hi everyone,

i left high school with some ok grades, I got an A in English language, A C in English Lit, B in Maths, B in IT and I failed the rest due to missing exams from poor health. so overall i came out with 4 gcse's. I am capable but my health got in the way of my potential.

My high school had a sixth form that i could have gone to but instead I chose to go to my local community college. I was also ill there and after getting a U in Maths and a D in English (Both AS levels) they won't let me continue any a level courses, only allowed to do btec.

Now for the past couple of months I have been recovering from my illness after finally being diagnosed, i feel much better now and i'm ready to take on a levels with all I got.

I've applied for the sixth form that is part of my old high school. Normally their high school students get first dibs on places or priority whatever, i am a former student still but not a current year 11 one.

Do you think I have much of a chance of doing Maths, English and IT A levels with my results at sixth form? The requirements are 5 gcse's at c or above, however if i explain my illness and how i overcame it, will it have any effect on them?

Also, does anyone have any advice on what to do after failign AS level due to ill health?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending